Documentation Needed

KimEadler

We are sailing in 20 days ... time to gather our documents! We are traveling without passports. I know that I need an official birth certificiate and drivers license. My question is: Do I need a marriage certificate to show my married name since my birth certificate shows my maiden name? Thanks for the help! :)

We have cruised without passport only once and yes, they actually wanted to see our marriage license to confirm wife was who she claimed to be. Since then, we have gotten new passports. It is much better and easier to cruise that way.

It is a good idea to take any "bridge" documents that account for the name discrepancy, such as marriage licenses.

While the cruise line may not ask to see it at embarkation, the immigration officer may want to see it on your return.

It is always better to have it and not need it than the other way around. Definitely much less inconvenient!!

I'm traveling with our teen son alone this Saturday and I had hubby sign and notarize a permission form to simply cover us in case we run into the one port agent that wants to make an issue of it. Took 10 minutes to type up and fill out and another 10 minutes for him to stop at the bank for notary. I see it as a good investment of time for peace of mind.