Magic porting in PC as of April 2016

laumicmah

I was booked on the Valor for Aug 6, 2016 and got an e-mail notification this morning telling us that we'd now be moved to the Magic as the Valor is now going to do short cruises from PC and the Magic was moving to PC for the longer cruises as of April 20, 2016. The notice said they'd switch us over to comparable cabins. I booked 2 cabins: an aft extended balcony for 3 pax and an inside nearby for 2 pax. Will they really give me that? I booked super early to get the exact aft extended balcony I wanted. And there are only 2 (3 pax) on the Magic...one deck below Lido/pool and I booked with cabins above me on the Valor.

Edited by laumicmah

I was booked on the 6-25-16 cruise on the Valor and received the same email today about being switched to the Magic. I am bummed. I too had an aft extended. I hope the ports of call stay the same. I chose the cruise based on the 2 ports I had never visited!

I was booked on the Valor for Aug 6, 2016 and got an e-mail notification this morning telling us that we'd now be moved to the Magic as the Valor is now going to do short cruises from PC and the Magic was moving to PC for the longer cruises as of April 20, 2016. The notice said they'd switch us over to comparable cabins. I booked 2 cabins: an aft extended balcony for 3 pax and an inside nearby for 2 pax. Will they really give me that? I booked super early to get the exact aft extended balcony I wanted. And there are only 2 (3 pax) on the Magic...one deck below Lido/pool and I booked with cabins above me on the Valor.

Not showing on Carnival Web Site. I just went there hoping to book a cruise out of PC for next summer.

Bummer.

I am excited. The Magic has almost as many upgrades as the Breeze. And the Vista will be in PC by Christmas of 2016.

I can live with the Magic. they do have Cove Balconies? Right? We love them.

This is the second one of these I have seen today....am I some how psychic or didn't they announce the Magic was moving to PC and that Breeze was going to Texas a few months ago? Vista to be home ported in Miami?.....My friends and I have been talking about these moves for a while, why does everyone seem so surprised now?

I am sure Carnival will do its best to assign you a comparable cabin on the Magic that you had booked on the Valor, but since they are different classes of ships I don't think you can count on an exact match with the same exact features.

Since the cruise is still 15 months out, you haven't been required to pay the full balance, and your cruise contract specifically states that (g) Specific stateroom assignments are not guaranteed. Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom for any reason you may not get an apple to apple stateroom.

I am excited. The Magic has almost as many upgrades as the Breeze.

Magic is currently scheduled for drydock in February so will probably get a few of the upgrades that weren't in the original build.

This is the second one of these I have seen today....am I some how psychic or didn't they announce the Magic was moving to PC and that Breeze was going to Texas a few months ago? Vista to be home ported in Miami?.....My friends and I have been talking about these moves for a while, why does everyone seem so surprised now?

The surprise is due to the fact that the repositioning was moved up. It originally was supposed to happen in December of next year. It's now going to be happening eight months sooner.

Magic is currently scheduled for drydock in February so will probably get a few of the upgrades that weren't in the original build.

The surprise is due to the fact that the repositioning was moved up. It originally was supposed to happen in December of next year. It's now going to be happening eight months sooner.

Ah, ok thank you. We are certainly looking forward to a Dream class out of PC, that's only a 6 hour drive as opposed to 10.

I was booked on the 6-25-16 cruise on the Valor and received the same email today about being switched to the Magic. I am bummed. I too had an aft extended. I hope the ports of call stay the same. I chose the cruise based on the 2 ports I had never visited!

My e-mail says it will be the same ports/itin. I hope it is too as that is why we booked the cruise.

I wonder what that means for Galveston, we were trading the Magic for the Breeze, but the Breeze isn't scheduled to arrive until December.

That *WAS* the plan. With the way Carnival keeps changing things, who knows what will happen and WHEN!!!

My e-mail says it will be the same ports/itin. I hope it is too as that is why we booked the cruise.

I just spoke with a PVP who said that the Southern Valor Cruises are changing to Magic Eastern... Which cruise itin were you on?

Edited by johnnyf0614

I just spoke with a PVP who said that the Southern Valor Cruises are changing to Magic Eastern... Which cruise itin were you on?

San Juan, Grand Turk, Dominican and St Thomas (Eastern Caribb??).

Edited by laumicmah

I wonder why the website doesn't reflect the ship change? Their booking engine still shows the Valor sailing from PC on 6/25/16. Although the itinerary has changed. I've been looking at this sailing for a while now. It was going to Grand Turk and Amber Cove for 7 days. Now it shows 8 days going to Aruba, Curaçao, and Grand Turk. But it's still the Valor.

San Juan, Grand Turk, Dominican and St Thomas (Eastern Caribb??).

I wonder if your itinerary is changing. My PVP just confirmed that the Magic is switching to the Southern Caribbean from PC now. Nothing reflected yet, and the system still shows the Valor for the July cruise, however they did change the itinerary in the system for the Valor's July cruise.

I wonder if your itinerary is changing. My PVP just confirmed that the Magic is switching to the Southern Caribbean from PC now. Nothing reflected yet, and the system still shows the Valor for the July cruise, however they did change the itinerary in the system for the Valor's July cruise.

Hmmmm...my Aug 6, 2016 is now from 7 day to 8 day and it shows Curacao, Aruba and Grand Turk as the ports which are good but we don't like so many sea days (now 4 instead of 2). Oh boy, I started to call in but was on hold forever so I hung up. I better call back.

Edit to add: just noticed that my deck 6 aft extended balcony is now showing as available. Maybe this will be the Valor schedule and they aren't showing the Magic schedule yet but it will be the same as we booked (my e-mail notice said it would be the same itin).

Edited by laumicmah

Called and she read me the same e-mail I already got and I said "I know, I got that e-mail but will the departure date remain the same and will the itin be the same?" and she replied "I don't know that yet, don't have that info as this just came out today...but yes, it could change and probably will". I said the e-mail says this: (and this is exact quote from e-mail) Our itinerary remains unchanged. She said she had no other info but reiterated that the itin likely will change. :(