Coffeee beans

DwayneG

While we're at Kona we'd like to buy some fresh bags of coffee to bring home for our serious coffee drinking friends. Any problem bringing it back on ship or flying home from HNL with it?

We bought our coffee at Donkey Balls in Kona. No probelms bringing it home. Your beans will likely be in a vacuum sealed bag; you should be good to go.:) Even if you go to a coffee plantation and get your beans they will likely be sealed up.

Edited by greatlakesgirl

I'm not a coffee expert but the Costco in Maui has 100% Kona coffee beans that are roasted by Maui Coffee Roasters & packaged as Nicky Beans.

http://www.mauicoffeeroasters.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=KONA

It suits my tastebuds & at under $20 for a one pound bag it's a least a third less at Costco than online. If you are a Costco member & have a car, you might consider the Costco in Kona for 100% Kona coffee or other Hawaiian produced products such as macadamia nuts.

When on sale at Longs Drugs, I also enjoy the Royal Kona brand of 100% Kona coffee (whole bean or ground)...about $10 for a 7 oz bag.

Edited by Astro Flyer