CC ranks AZ best small-ship dining :)

BBMacLaird

Cruise Critic publicized their list of the Best Small Cruise Ships for Dining.

It makes me so happy to see the AZAMARA QUEST listed #1, and the AZAMARA JOURNEY a click below!

Here's how we were selected "The best small cruise ships for dining chosen by cruisers. All rankings are based on [Cruise Critic] member review ratings for cruises taken in 2014"

It makes me so happy to see the AZAMARA QUEST listed #1, and the AZAMARA JOURNEY a click below!

Here's how we were selected "The best small cruise ships for dining chosen by cruisers. All rankings are based on [Cruise Critic] member review ratings for cruises taken in 2014"

I thought it curious that not one Seabourn ship made the list. So I checked the explanation of how the ratings were gathered. Here's the information:

•Rankings are based on ratings given by our members in published member reviews; awards are based on 2014 cruise reviews submitted by February 1, 2015.

•Ships must have a minimum number of member reviews and ratings in a particular category in order to be included in that category's top 10 list.

I guess Seabourn cruisers aren't submitting many reviews.

Thats great news, I have to say our most recent experience on the Grand Prix Cruise confirms this status :) The food we had was excellent, better than ever and we are looking forward to the new enhancements which we'll experience next year (except the loss of the outdoor deck in the evening!):mad:

That's impressive.

Just booked a b/b on Azamara after many cruises on Oceania.

Looking forward to great food and service.

I thought it curious that not one Seabourn ship made the list. So I checked the explanation of how the ratings were gathered. Here's the information:

•Rankings are based on ratings given by our members in published member reviews; awards are based on 2014 cruise reviews submitted by February 1, 2015.

•Ships must have a minimum number of member reviews and ratings in a particular category in order to be included in that category's top 10 list.

I guess Seabourn cruisers aren't submitting many reviews.

Cruise Critic is incredibly popular among AZ PAX. We were on one AZ crossing where the CC Meet & Mingle attracted about 65% of the PAX. Seabourn PAX are pretty much MIA in CC. Take a look at the CC boards for Seabourn and one sees the same few posters over and over. We were on a 68-day Seabourn cruise last year and only a few people were familiar with CC. And for all of you loyal AZ folks, I am happy to announce that, IMHO, the food on AZ is superior to Seabourn. Way more variety, more attention to quality and more down to earth. In fact, we were terribly disappointed by the food quality on Seabourn, did not match the superior personal service that we received on board, or the lovely ship. So there are my explanations, for what they are worth. And we look forward to terrific meals on our two AZ crossings that we have booked for 2015 and 2016.

That subjective ol' matter-food!!

Far superior on Azamara than Seabourn.

Seriously though, although I enjoyed our Seabourn experience, the choice of food on Azamara is much better

We join the Sojourn for our first cruise on Seabourn next week in Monaco, we love Azamara's food so this is going to be an interesting comparison.

We join the Sojourn for our first cruise on Seabourn next week in Monaco, we love Azamara's food so this is going to be an interesting comparison.

We were on one of the newer ships, Sojourn. Cabins are fabulous and bathrooms even better. We enjoyed the totally inclusive drinks although we are not big drinkers. Try a Mudslide. It's like dying and going to heaven!!!

The one thing we love about Azamara is the interaction with the crew. This was not so on Seabourn. We have taken 6 Azamara cruises and have 2 more booked. We have only sailed on Seabourn once but would again if the itinerary was right.

They are very different and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Edited by Grandma Gilly

Hi Everyone,

Just as an FYI, the 2015 Cruisers Choice Awards were announced on Feb 23, 2015. Here's a link to the previous Azamara thread, discussing the awards : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2172267

It's worth noting that Azamara fared well in several categories. On the US Site, Quest tied for 2nd (and Journey 3rd) for best overall small cruise ship. Journey tied for first in Entertainment, and 2nd in overall service. Additionally, Azamara Quest tied for first in Dining. Lastly, Quest & Journey scored 2nd & 3rd respectively for best value.

Congrats again, to everyone at Azamara, and their Onboard Officers & Crew for the excellent results.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

Just as an FYI, the 2015 Cruisers Choice Awards were announced on Feb 23, 2015. Here's a link to the previous Azamara thread, discussing the awards : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2172267

It's worth noting that Azamara fared well in several categories. On the US Site, Quest tied for 2nd (and Journey 3rd) for best overall small cruise ship. Journey tied for first in Entertainment, and 2nd in overall service. Additionally, Azamara Quest tied for first in Dining. Lastly, Quest & Journey scored 2nd & 3rd respectively for best value.

Congrats again, to everyone at Azamara, and their Onboard Officers & Crew for the excellent results.

Thanks Andy.