Latest Embarkation Time in Rome

Hi

Quick question for anyone who has sailed out of Rome on the Allure. It says the ship departs at 8:00pm. Does anyone know the latest you can board if this is your original boarding port?

Thanks in advance.

You have to check-in and on-board the ship no later than 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time. States so in your cruise documents as well as posted on RCCL's website. Here's the link http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=1166&faqSubjectId=330&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Leave&faqType=faq

Edited by xxoocruiser

Hi

Quick question for anyone who has sailed out of Rome on the Allure. It says the ship departs at 8:00pm. Does anyone know the latest you can board if this is your original boarding port?

Thanks in advance.

Is this your embarkation port?

You have to check-in and on-board the ship no later than 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time. States so in your cruise documents as well as posted on RCCL's website. Here's the link http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=1166&faqSubjectId=330&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Leave&faqType=faq

If this is their embarkation port/inter-port, their muster is at 4:30pm. They should be present for it. I am not sure if RC runs another muster for guests who fail to show for it on embarkation day.

1,400 guests embark in Rome on Allure. 4,000 guests embark in Barcelona.

We embarked in Rome May 28th. We got on the ship around 11:30 am and grabbed a bite to eat at Park Cafe. Our room was ready at 1:00 pm and we then hung out at the pool. Muster was at 4:30pm. We showed up for muster at 4:20.

I would expect for those embarking in Rome it is mandatory to be at the muster drill, as it would be for any embarkation day. That being said if a flight was arriving late, as did the cruise guests on that flight, I would think there would be a follow up drill later. Who knows when. Perhaps in the night or the next day. However the next day you are in Naples, so would you want to be on the ship for a drill or in port exploring the sights.

I would suggest that you arrive in time for that muster drill. I do not know if you have any other options. We spent 3 days in Rome prior to embarking so on day four we were ready to get to the ship.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Didn't leave Rome on Allure, but another Royal ship two years ago with embarkation in Barcelona (main) and Rome (many less passengers). They were so delayed because of hunting passengers down. They were going to the pool, hot tubs, bars tapping people on the shoulder asking them if they had attended the muster drill and looking at the SeaPass card. They could tell if they had boarded that day. This was when the passengers boarded in Barcelona. They got a Dad and his two kids out of the pool, turned their backs and he put the kids back in the pool...and they came back and got him out. Leads me to believe they want you there for the muster drill.

Didn't leave Rome on Allure, but another Royal ship two years ago with embarkation in Barcelona (main) and Rome (many less passengers). They were so delayed because of hunting passengers down. They were going to the pool, hot tubs, bars tapping people on the shoulder asking them if they had attended the muster drill and looking at the SeaPass card. They could tell if they had boarded that day. This was when the passengers boarded in Barcelona. They got a Dad and his two kids out of the pool, turned their backs and he put the kids back in the pool...and they came back and got him out. Leads me to believe they want you there for the muster drill.

On Allure when they swipe your sea pass card to ensure that you were present. After everyone swiped and before the actual drill they also called out everyone's name and cabin to confirm that they were present. I figure they did this in case the guest missed the card swipe on the way in. We maybe had 40 guests at our gathering spot in front of the pursers desk. Our embarkation was in Rome.

In Barcelona when the masses embarked RC staff were scouring the pooled deck making certain all were drill that should be. We watched one staff member return to a couple two times to get them off to muster. The second time the husband was swimming in the pool. There was also a loud woman behind us that said to her family she wasn't going. Said something like Inhave done it before so I don't need to go. Her family left and within 10 minute she too was sent packing to the drill. People who joined in Rome had a red sticker on their sea pass card that identified them to be separate than the Barcelona guests. Perfect for moments like that.

I believe they are extra serious as they don't want to have a "Concordia' style disaster with guests not having their muster drill.

Hi

Thanks in advance.

I just double check my compass, and the muster drill for Rome is at 5pm. I looked at Naples, the next day, and didn't see a make up muster drill listed.

FYI, all aboard for Rome is 7:15pm