Menu Question

That was stated earlier this year... Pride was supposed to get the new menus beginning in Aug but it was just announced that only 2 additional ships will be getting American Table and Pride isn't one of them 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was stated earlier this year... Pride was supposed to get the new menus beginning in Aug but it was just announced that only 2 additional ships will be getting American Table and Pride isn't one of them 😞

Do you happen to remember which ones were included? I heard that the Dream would be getting it before we sail in November (I think July was the month that I heard but I'm not sure about that). Do you know if that one is still getting American Table?

John Heald announced on June 12th that only two more ships, the Magic on 07/19/2015 and Triumph on 08/10/2015, will be getting the American Table menus this year.

In addition it is already on the Freedom, Liberty, Inspiration, Imagination, Breeze and the Glory.

John Heald announced on June 12th that only two more ships, the Magic on 07/19/2015 and Triumph on 08/10/2015, will be getting the American Table menus this year.

In addition it is already on the Freedom, Liberty, Inspiration, Imagination, Breeze and the Glory.

Wondering why they have slowed this down? They have been talking about this for quite some time.

Do you happen to remember which ones were included? I heard that the Dream would be getting it before we sail in November (I think July was the month that I heard but I'm not sure about that). Do you know if that one is still getting American Table?

Dream was scheduled for July 19th. As you now know that is not happening. I for one am disappointed. I was ready for a change and my next sailing on the Triumph was scheduled to begin the new menu two sailings before mine. Now I will have to wait until December on the Freedom

I, too am disappointed that Dream isn't getting the New American Table menu. We are sailing July 26 and again on the Journey cruise in October. I had the new menu on Liberty last year and I really enjoyed it.

I don't know why it's not being implemented, just that John said it wasn't going to be done this year. It doesn't seem to me to be a difficult thing to change, but what do I know?

Hello,

Sailing on the Sunshine in a few weeks. Does anyone know the menu details for that ship?

I was on the Ecstasy in the spring, and saw lots of fried chicken as an option ...... I'm guessing that was the "new American" menu? It seems everyone is very excited about the change, maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks.

Hello,

Sailing on the Sunshine in a few weeks. Does anyone know the menu details for that ship?

I was on the Ecstasy in the spring, and saw lots of fried chicken as an option ...... I'm guessing that was the "new American" menu? It seems everyone is very excited about the change, maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks.

American menu was just a bunch of new and old dishes with a bunch of new desserts with certain things served family style.

Was a welcome change on Liberty and Glory and looking forward to seeing it on our next cruise on Glory this fall.

There has been a major degree of resistance to the changes of the American Table program from the long-time Carnival cruisers. The new menus have been in a state of flux, with continuous revisions being made. To DW and me, the lack of a tablecloth and the reduced place setting takes away most of the elegance in the dining room.

Since we are becoming a nation of slovenly people, this is one more evidence of this. We will most likely not be cruising Carnival after our current brief cruise with our 8 y. o. granddaughter. No, we are not in the least snobs; we both worked hard for a living and live a modest lifestyle.

There has been a major degree of resistance to the changes of the American Table program from the long-time Carnival cruisers. The new menus have been in a state of flux, with continuous revisions being made. To DW and me, the lack of a tablecloth and the reduced place setting takes away most of the elegance in the dining room.

Since we are becoming a nation of slovenly people, this is one more evidence of this. We will most likely not be cruising Carnival after our current brief cruise with our 8 y. o. granddaughter. No, we are not in the least snobs; we both worked hard for a living and live a modest lifestyle.

Between Liberty and Glory there are differences in American Table just dont remember which is which but one has tablecloths and less family style.

I'm disappointed. We have the 21 day B2B journey cruises booked for January 2016 and I was very much looking forward to trying the new menus. Unless they roll them out at the beginning of January, we'll have the same menus we had the repositioning cruise.

What does family style mean?

Family style is where there is one dish for the table and everyone serves themselves from it (i.e. like you may eat at home where there's a large bowl of salad and everyone uses the tongs to take how much they like).

It's a moot point though, all family style servings have been removed from the menu and are replaced with single, personal servings. (originally I believe it was calamari, flatbreads and maybe one of the salads that were to be served family style).

Hello,

Thanks.

The fried chicken is on the old menu under comfort foods or something like that. The new menu doesn't have fried chicken or the meatloaf from the old one.

We are on the Dream in February so, thinking we were going to have the American menus, I reviewed them. So, now that we aren't, can someone tell me where to find copies of the old menus that apparently will still be used in February on the Dream?

Do a google search for carnival menus and find the posts from zydecocruiser. He has the old menus with pics and also the new ones. I can't remember if it is Dream specific, but it does have the menus that we had on Dream.