Blue Lagoon excursion

moesyk4

I HAVE asked this over on the Bahamas board but with no response so I thought i'd try the NCL board as these times are specific to our ship.

We had planned to go to Blue Lagoon on the Getaway in September. Our time in Nassau got changed from 10-6 to 12-7. The website for Blue Lagoon shows the last boat leaving at 4:30, but the excursion on NCL says it is 5 hours long.

Does anyone who has done this excursion know for a fact they offer a later ferry for those that are going by cruise ship or would our excursion, in fact, be shorter because of our late arrival?

I HAVE asked this over on the Bahamas board but with no response so I thought i'd try the NCL board as these times are specific to our ship.

We had planned to go to Blue Lagoon on the Getaway in September. Our time in Nassau got changed from 10-6 to 12-7. The website for Blue Lagoon shows the last boat leaving at 4:30, but the excursion on NCL says it is 5 hours long.

Does anyone who has done this excursion know for a fact they offer a later ferry for those that are going by cruise ship or would our excursion, in fact, be shorter because of our late arrival?

We went on this excursion the week of May 23. Our time in Nassau was 12-7, all aboard at 6:30. They had boats leave to return to Nassau at 3:30 and 4:30. I spent most of my time there happily napping in a hammock under palm trees. They may count the boat ride as part of the excursion time. It takes 20 minutes or so and the staff is entertaining. They point out (supposed) celebrity homes, play fun music, and try to get you to dance.

We've done this excursion last year. We were picked up at the cruise port then we ferried over to the Nassau Ferry terminal, where we sat for almost 45 mins waiting to pick up passengers there.. We were flipping mad, cause we wasted so much time sitting there. By the time we got to Blue Lagoon, which was beautiful we had a couple of hours there tops.. I believe the last ferry out of Blue Lagoon was around 4:00pm.. We were so disappointed wished we had more time there. I think it barely made a 5 hour excursion. We complained about it at the shore excursion desk that it's very misleading. We got no where with them.

Edited by setsail1975

• 1 month later...

I have the same question as the OP. The website for Blue Lagoon says the last boat is at 4pm. Our port time is 12-7. I'm curious as to how much time we really will have on the island. Seems like we will be lucky to have a few hours especially if we have to go pick up other passengers next to Atlantis. Anyone know??

Thanks!!

We were on the Gem last week and all of the Blue Lagoon excursions had a note next to them that travel time could take upwards of an hour and is included in total tour time.

You really have to see if it's worth it, the basic beach excursion was listed at $65 for either 5 or 6 hours, but you are losing up to 2 of those in travel time.

I was also going to do Blue Lagoon but I don't like that they charge for drinks so I'm going on my own to the riu

If it's a ship's excursion, you do NOT have to worry about time AT ALL...they WILL get you back on time, guaranteed.

This is true most of the time but on excursions where passengers are let off on their own this isn't necessarily the case (i.e. when the exursion says that passengers can go shopping after the excursion). Just something to be mindful of.

We are booked for this excursion in Sept on the Getaway. 12-7 itnerary. I had the same question. I called NCL worried about time. Rep told me that we have our own shuttle that will get us there right after we dock and we get to stay a bit longer than 4:00 so we should have plenty of time there. Hope this helps!

I have the same question as the OP. The website for Blue Lagoon says the last boat is at 4pm. Our port time is 12-7. I'm curious as to how much time we really will have on the island. Seems like we will be lucky to have a few hours especially if we have to go pick up other passengers next to Atlantis. Anyone know??

Thanks!!

NCL rep said we have our own shuttle that should take about 30 min. Going over takes a little longer since they tour thru the homes area before dropping off at the beach but they try to keep us there as long as possible

The Blue Lagoon itself shuts down . It closes at 4:00pm ...The staff get ferried to and from there daily. We struck up a conversation with a staff member of Blue Lagoon while we were there .So I'm not sure why a NCL Rep would say they stay longer.. The last ferry service is that 4:00pm shuttle for all and that stops again at Paradise Island Ferry Terminal and drops passengers off near the Atlantis. Then it continues on to where the rest of the passengers get dropped off at the cruise port.

The Blue Lagoon itself shuts down . It closes at 4:00pm ...The staff get ferried to and from there daily. We struck up a conversation with a staff member of Blue Lagoon while we were there .So I'm not sure why a NCL Rep would say they stay longer.. The last ferry service is that 4:00pm shuttle for all and that stops again at Paradise Island Ferry Terminal and drops passengers off near the Atlantis. Then it continues on to where the rest of the passengers get dropped off at the cruise port.

This may have been a while ago. We were there less than 2 weeks ago for the Dolphin Encounter. We made the 1:30 TO the island, took a 4:30 back and there were still people on the island for a 5:30. Do not know if they were part of a ship's excursion or not.

To OP - we were on the Getaway as well and were so disappointed when they changed the port time! We booked with Shore Trips and saved quite a bit over the cruise line's excursion. If you try to book directly with Blue Lagoon and tell them you're coming on a ship, they won't book you. If you go on your own you'll have to get a taxi to Paradise Island ($4 pp) for the ferry. Ferry ride was about 30 minutes (nice ride). With the new port time I probably wouldn't go for 2 1/2 hours beach time but it does look like a nice beach. (Check on the 5:30 ferry - then you'd have a decent beach day.) The afternoon ferry takes you back to town, which saved time and $. You get great unobstructed views of the ship so have your camera ready!

BTW, we were late docking (previous medical emergency) and the halls were absolutely packed with people getting off the ship. I was really nervous as to whether we were going to make the ferry (there were 11 of us)!

This may have been a while ago. We were there less than 2 weeks ago for the Dolphin Encounter. We made the 1:30 TO the island, took a 4:30 back and there were still people on the island for a 5:30. Do not know if they were part of a ship's excursion or not.

To OP - we were on the Getaway as well and were so disappointed when they changed the port time! We booked with Shore Trips and saved quite a bit over the cruise line's excursion. If you try to book directly with Blue Lagoon and tell them you're coming on a ship, they won't book you. If you go on your own you'll have to get a taxi to Paradise Island ($4 pp) for the ferry. Ferry ride was about 30 minutes (nice ride). With the new port time I probably wouldn't go for 2 1/2 hours beach time but it does look like a nice beach. (Check on the 5:30 ferry - then you'd have a decent beach day.) The afternoon ferry takes you back to town, which saved time and $. You get great unobstructed views of the ship so have your camera ready!

BTW, we were late docking (previous medical emergency) and the halls were absolutely packed with people getting off the ship. I was really nervous as to whether we were going to make the ferry (there were 11 of us)!

Our experience was April 2014. Maybe they have seasonal hours where the summer months they are there a bit longer. I hope that the hours changed because we are going back in November and would love to go back to Blue Lagoon. When we went it was just too short of a beach stay.

Edited by setsail1975

Our experience was April 2014. Maybe they have seasonal hours where the summer months they are there a bit longer. I hope that the hours changed because we are going back in November and would love to go back to Blue Lagoon. When we went it was just too short of a beach stay.

Same for us last November. We loved it there but with the long ferry ride and having to leave by 4:30 it was way to short of a beach day. We only got about 2 hours there total.