Jewell of the Seas Diamond Lounge

PSU

Since the Jewell has not been updated, is there still no Diamond Lounge? Is there only a Diamond event? And if so, what does that consist of?

Thanks so much!

Hi, when we sailed on her they held the Diamond event in one of the lounges in the Viking Crown, we could order whatever was available in other Diamond lounges and they had a nice selection of canapes. AFAIK you can also get 3 drinks in any bar using your seapass now too.

We are on Jewel in April and we are Diamond. We hung out at the Hollywood Odyssey and enjoyed any typical Diamond drink we wanted from 5 to 6 - very nice venue. We met a great number of terrific Diamond members. We went there because our letter in our room said to go there as Diamond members. We never saw any staff member, except the bartender, who was so swamped, but still did a great job getting everyone drinks. He would sometimes get a floater from the Viking Crown lounge to help for a brief period. We showed him our card the first night, but no one was guarding the door.

On the last morning, while waiting in the Viking Crown lounge to disembark, the concierge was there (first time I saw her), and I informed her of the great service that we had all week in the Hollywood Odyssey in the Diamond area. She told me we were not supposed to be in there because that was overflow from the Concierge Lounge and we should have been at the Diamond event in the Viking Crown lounge (and she said it like a reprimand). I smiled back at her and did not comment. :) PS - the 3 drinks were loaded and worked fine.

We were on Jewel for 27 days in April and May. The designated lounge area for Diamond members is the Vortex area of the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 13, where drinks and canapes are complimentary. While the Hollywood Odyssey (also on Deck 13) is technically an overflow lounge for Suites, Pinnacles, and Diamond Plus, the offerings are the same. I felt the service was actually better in the Vortex, as there was a bartender, 4-5 servers, and the backstage area where the servers could go for drinks, as well. The reason the bartender in the HO was swamped is because too many people were there, some of whom probably should have gone to the Vortex. Until there is a dedicated Diamond Lounge/Club (scheduled for the revitalization next April), there is no Diamond Concierge. Our concierge was a male, and he did an exceptional job. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

During our March sailing on jewel the entire area (Viking and Hollywood) was reserved every night for the Diamond event. Great snacks and service in the Hollywood oddessey lounge. We saw the same 5 couples each night. I prefer sitting at the bar and getting to know the staff - so this was great. I think I will miss this set up when we sail Jewel late next year.

Thanks so much for the information. We are in a suite and are diamond plus, but friends who are coming along just made diamond. I am glad that they won't be disappointed.

Thanks again.