Coral Bump Out Minis

Virgo61

We are planning an Alaskan cruise on the Coral Princess next July (2016). We've decided on a bump out mini suite on either Baja or Caribe deck. Three of the 8 bump minis are already booked so our remaining choices are: B416, B503, B431, C417 and C503. My husband's choice would be C503 since he likes Starboard and Aft and thinks that C may have less motion than B. I'm still undecided so I would like comments on B503 vs. C503 vs. B416. Thank You.

Are you going southbound or northbound?

We were in a port side cabin on a southbound cruise and I personally think it's the best side for sailing into Glacier Bay.

I also think viewing the glaciers from either the Promenade Deck or from the Caribe or Dolphin deck gives a better view and photos than going up to the top decks. It can be very chilly so its nice to have your balcony cabin to duck into for refuge and for a nice potty break!!!

Plan on getting some room service coffee,tea,hot chocolate and other snacks delivered so you can enjoy the views!!

We just got off the Coral and had C503. We chose this as the wind is blocked since this cabin is in the rear of the bump out. The winds when sailing can be very strong. But be aware there is no privacy on the bump out end balconies. The room C505 next to you can see you and the balcony is clear plexiglass all the way around. This balcony is also very small. The Dolphin deck has much larger balconies

I looked at booking one of these in May/June for next year. Then decided against it - I am sure the view will be stunning, but didnt think I would be able to enjoy it that much being a windbreaker.

In the end I decided on a ms on Dolphin deck - aft, which are fully covered. And am hoping they dont mess around with the Coral's aft next March to give access to that rear aft balcony.

We just got off Coral Princess on June 17 (northbound to Whittier) and were in a mini suite on Baja (B209). I second the comments above about exposure on the forward bump out suites. I don't think the difference in the view is worth the greater exposure to wind, weather, and gazers!

An advantage of being forward on Baja deck is that you have access to a great open platform beneath the bridge...when the naturalist said "There is a pod of orcas on the port side" I was on that platform with my camera in about 20 seconds!

NYCruiseNoob we were on the same cruise. I don't think we could have had better weather if we pre-ordered it. I think it hit 80 on our drive through Skagway to the Yukon.

We were in B227 on the Coral in May. We really enjoyed the cabin for several reasons; Covered balcony, which is nice to protect from any rain, proximity to the forward observation deck(great place to station yourself on glacier days) and proximity to upper decks. Can't speak specifically about the bumped out minis, but we weighed out the cost difference and we were extremely pleased with the regular mini. Also the balcony actually looks smaller in the bumped out corners

We were in B227 on the Coral in May. We really enjoyed the cabin for several reasons; Covered balcony, which is nice to protect from any rain, proximity to the forward observation deck(great place to station yourself on glacier days) and proximity to upper decks. Can't speak specifically about the bumped out minis, but we weighed out the cost difference and we were extremely pleased with the regular mini. Also the balcony actually looks smaller in the bumped out corners

I think it is as it is rounded off.

I think in perfect weather I would love this cabin.