Is a NCL EPIC Mini suite included in "exclusive areas"

emsykaye

Hi, I have 3 questions that I hope some experienced NCL Epic cruisers can advise me on please.

We are first time NCL cruisers and have been reading as much as we can about the ships amenities. I noticed that there are some exclusive areas for the use of suite and villa guests. We are staying in a mini suite so is this included?

I want to use my on board credit to book the Climb the Pisa tour, is the actual entry fee included in this tour or is that something I'd need to book externally?

My third and final question is a currency one. We live in the UK but have previously lived in the USA so we have english bank/credit cards and American bank/credit cards. Which one would I be better off using on board? Do they charge dollars and convert them so ultimately I am paying the same price, just in my chosen currency or do they just charge me gbp and will I end up paying more? I hope this makes sense.

Thanks very much to anyone in advance that can offer me some advice on these matters, I keep waking up at night thinking about little niggly things all the time. I'll end up sleeping through the entire cruise at this rate!

Emma

On most cruise lines, mini-suites are not considered "true" suites.

If you book that tour thru the ship, any entry fees are included

The ship uses US currency....I'm not sure how the conversion thing works...sorry! I think it's always better for your bank to do the conversion, rather than letting the cruise line do it!

Thanks very much for your reply. I will ask to use my American credit card to avoid losing out on the exchange rate. It's good to know entry prices are included with the tour. I thought the mini suite may not be included but figured I'd try my luck! I'll sleep tonight, thanks :)

If you ask this on the NCL board here at CC, under Cruise Lines A-O, you will get definitive answers. EM

I was trying to make a new post there before posting on here but I couldn't find the 'new thread' button there for the life of me! Sorry :(

I haven't cruised NCL yet, but I will be in a mini-suite on the Gem in September. While researching this cruise, I found that a "Mini-Suite" on NCL does not include any suite perks. It really should be called a "Deluxe" Balcony Cabin. A mini-suite has a little more square footage and the bathrooms are bigger. That is the only difference. No additional perks.

Edited by antmaril

I was trying to make a new post there before posting on here but I couldn't find the 'new thread' button there for the life of me! Sorry :(

No need to be sorry. The gray New Thread button is in the upper left just above the thick blue line. Same place it is on all of the forums here. EM

I haven't cruised NCL yet, but I will be in a mini-suite on the Gem in September. While researching this cruise, I found that a "Mini-Suite" on NCL does not include any suite perks. It really should be called a "Deluxe" Balcony Cabin. A mini-suite has a little more square footage and the bathrooms are bigger. That is the only difference. No additional perks.

Thanks for clarifying that for me, I agree that it should be called a deluxe balcony. I hope you Have a lovely cruise!

This is correct. Marketing strikes again;).