First cruise after repo?

belle2

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions from anyone who has taken the first cruise after a repo. I'm thinking of booking the May 8th cruise Breeze from Galveston. It's the first one after it moves from Miami. I'm choosing this date hoping to beat the summer vacation crowds. I'd love to hear your thoughts on cruising this week as well. Thanks CC!

We just did our first one, the Legend out of Australia via Hawaii to Vancouver and then Seattle- we got on in Vancouver for the first of the season Alaskan cruise. Vancouver embarkation was awful from reviews, but we boarded late and did not have any issues. Last year we debarked in Vancouver and did not notice any delays like what were reported on embarkation this year. I can understand why embarkation in Vancouver is not common...they just don't have the efficiency PC or Jacksonville have perfected. We are booked on VISTA soon after it gets to Miami, but not the first. Port of Miami has problems of its own.... I think it's more of a port issue whether or not there are delays. There was a large turnover in crew, don't quote me- at least 50%- but everything seemed to run smoothly on the Legend. We also sailed Alaska during the "shoulder season" so besides not having the max number of ships in port, we got an off-season rate. Lots to consider besides just being the first cruise after a repo.

Mom and I sailed the first LA cruise of the Imagination. Overall it was horrible, if it was our first we would never sail again. This turned out to be our 25th cruise, white card and all.

Got a truthful late embark email. We embarked an hour late, no problem there.

Our room steward was great as was the waitstaff.

Main issues was the buffet food. Hit an extremely new low. The stock hadn't had time to rotate from the Panama Canal cruise. Took til the last day to get non-wilted lettuce and other produce.

Not too sure what happened with the ATD. The line wrapped around to the elevator all evening, not just at the witching hour. 30 minutes to get a beeper. Another 30 minute wait to be beeped. We are willing to be seated anywhere.

Mom refuses to sail the Imagination again. I gave it a second chance last year on a two day cruise. It was a great improvement.