The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

Our Second Favorite spot on the ship: Our Balcony

We booked 12729 way in advance (More than 61 weeks before sailing) to have access to the "secret" public balcony. As most know, these were converted to private Grand Suites (soon to be Aqua Suites). So, our own balcony had to do. It was a great experience though! The good news is... there is still a 'semi secret' public balcony. I will show that soon.

The verdict on the balcony:

We will only book this balcony again (Boardwalk, as close to aft as possible) if the price is right. If we can get an oceanview balcony in the future for an acceptable rate, we would rather have that. I do recommend trying the Boardwalk balcony one time though, since we did have great views of the Aqua Theater, Boardwalk activities, and the weather/partial ocean view. It is definitely a unique experience.

This Specific balcony was great for the following reasons:

1. Almost 100% cover from the sun and total coverage from the rain. Look how the overhang covers our entire balcony. It really makes a big difference. My parents were in 12727 and their balcony was about 50% covered from the rain. 12729 is therefore a great choice during inclement weather.

2. Great views at different angles of the Aqua Shows, Belly Flop Competition, Boardwalk activities, Some sunset/sunrises, and all the rehearsals for the Aqua Shows (which were fun to watch).

3. Due to the overhang, you get a bit of a breeze flowing through while standing at the rail. This was much less notable on even my parents' balcony, which was right next to us.

Specific reasons why this balcony is not ideal:

1. Noise from the Aqua Theater is very real. We could hear the NBA cheering until about 11:30 at night. Movies are loud, and you can hear the noise through the closed and locked door until about 10:30 or 11 every night. It did not bother us, since we accommodated to the noise, but it will be a problem for people who are sensitive to noise and go to bed early.

2. You could not hear the ocean. Due to all the other noise on the b\Boardwalk, you could not hear the sound of the ocean, even in the early morning when the Boardwalk was relatively quiet.

On to 'too many' pictures of the cabin. :D

This first picture shows the overhang that shelters the balcony. It also shows the divider open, which Wilson (our room steward) opened during the Muster drill/safety briefing. We enjoyed sharing the larger space with my parents:

DSCN9851_zpsqakbzs1b.jpeg

The open divider:

DSCN9861_zpsxjauzgle.jpeg

Our View during the Sailaway Party:

DSCN9659_zpsb7ckdt0f.jpeg

This part of your review is particularly important to Mr since I'm booked directly across from here in 12329.

About the temperature:

I have read many reviews that stated Oasis is hot, including the cabins. Our cabin was usually very comfortable, except when we opened the balcony door a lot to go in and out of the room. "Comfortable" for us is around 75 in the day and 77 in the night. We travel with a thermometer (or let me say my OCD DH does ;)). The lowest the temperature got in our room was 72, and that was with the thermostat not even on the lowest setting. The hottest it got was 79 due to opening the door a lot.

DSCN0474_zpsqhvkleyv.jpeg

To me, the rest of the ship was pretty comfortable, except the stairs at deck 8 (where the Central Park doors constantly open). I even got cold during CATS, when I wore my knee-high 'formal' dress.

Of course, the Boardwalk and Solarium were usually hot and humid. Central Park was surprisingly cool or comfortable with a breeze most of the time.

Here is a look at our port side mirror cabins: Note that the overhang covers the whole balcony for 12329, just like it does for our 12729 starboard side:

DSCN0595_zpslvp3axot.jpeg

Thanks! There's my cabin.

A few questions I assume there were no Wow Bands or Royal IQ on your sailing? Also, Royal has cancelled DD on Oasis, Allure, and Harmony did you see a Wonderland restaurant at all?

No, none of those were available on our cruise.

Glad you found your cabin :)

APDMom this is a WONDERFUL review! Thank you so much I know it was a lot of work and very time consuming!

I know this is really late, but if anyone could send me the cruise compasses from this cruise to flystefmcf@gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you! Happy Cruising!

Hi FlyStef,

It is sending right now, so you should have it in the next couple of minutes. Enjoy your cruise!

HI APDMOM!!!! I'm about to embark on this journey, the Oasis of the Seas, and like you, my journey will be all about the ship and not the locations we will visit. Thank you so much for your review, and I appreciate the fact that pictures were taken of everything. I'm one of those kind of people!:D If it is not too much to ask, please, please, please, if you will, please send the compasses to my email addy. It is msraenlqj@yahoo.com. I've made some reservations, but having the compass will allow me to complete my entire scheduling. We leave next month, so hopefully, there won't be many differences, if any, for our cruise. Again, wonderful review, and you have me even more excited about my upcoming vacation. Thanks again!:):D:):D

Well done APDMOM, this is an great review and your photos are stellar. We will be on Oasis for our first time in Dec. We are on deck 9, 9329...so looking forward to the view from the end cabin. I will now email you directly for the compass -thank you in advance for sending them. Great JOB!!!! Casey

HI APDMOM!!!! I'm about to embark on this journey, the Oasis of the Seas, and like you, my journey will be all about the ship and not the locations we will visit. Thank you so much for your review, and I appreciate the fact that pictures were taken of everything. I'm one of those kind of people!:D If it is not too much to ask, please, please, please, if you will, please send the compasses to my email addy. It is msraenlqj@yahoo.com. I've made some reservations, but having the compass will allow me to complete my entire scheduling. We leave next month, so hopefully, there won't be many differences, if any, for our cruise. Again, wonderful review, and you have me even more excited about my upcoming vacation. Thanks again!:):D:):D

Well done APDMOM, this is an great review and your photos are stellar. We will be on Oasis for our first time in Dec. We are on deck 9, 9329...so looking forward to the view from the end cabin. I will now email you directly for the compass -thank you in advance for sending them. Great JOB!!!! Casey

Glad you both enjoyed the review :) I have sent the compass. Have fun planning!

Are the balcony door s equipt with a child safety lock. I planned to sail with my 6 year old twins and am concerned about their ability to open the balcony. On the other hand, I really think they would enjoy a balcony over boardwalk more than a regular balcony. much more to see!

Edited by MoyCoy

Are the balcony door s equipt with a child safety lock. I planned to sail with my 6 year old twins and am concerned about their ability to open the balcony. On the other hand, I really think they would enjoy a balcony over boardwalk more than a regular balcony. much more to see!

I did not pay attention to this. I just know it was a heavy sliding door, which locks by twisting the handle. I did not see if there was a safety lock by the back edge.

The safety lock is usually at the top of the doors in the right corner.

Thanks Babyrocko! I looked through all my pictures but did not have any of the door up close... I guess that is a good excuse to book another cruise :D

We are sailing RCI and the OASIS for the first time in a couple of weeks! It was a last-minute vacation decision, but I usually do also like to plan ahead -- to my hubs annoyance, until he gets on the ship and is thankful for my direction! :rolleyes:

Just had to tell you that your review, tips and pictures were the best resources I have found so far!!! Thank you for all of your hard work; it is definitely beneficial and appreciated!

I also sent you an email to request copies of the Compasses emailed to me (hope it's not too late to bother you with that). Thank you again. :)

We are sailing RCI and the OASIS for the first time in a couple of weeks! It was a last-minute vacation decision, but I usually do also like to plan ahead -- to my hubs annoyance, until he gets on the ship and is thankful for my direction! :rolleyes:

Just had to tell you that your review, tips and pictures were the best resources I have found so far!!! Thank you for all of your hard work; it is definitely beneficial and appreciated!

I also sent you an email to request copies of the Compasses emailed to me (hope it's not too late to bother you with that). Thank you again. :)

Hi! It is never too late! I am still sending out compasses from our Indy cruise more than a year ago... :D The Oasis Compass should be in your inbox now.

Enjoy your last-minute adventure!

Thank you for this detailed review. I have been reading it in preparation for our upcoming cruise. I've sent you an email requesting the compasses to help with our planning (and I've ordered the magnetic hooks).

We are also in a Boardwalk Balcony (our first) and have a quick question...Do you know when the diving show practices are held? We'd like to try and catch one to watch from our balcony, if possible.

Thanks!

You're getting on the day we get off Oasis!

Thank you for this detailed review. I have been reading it in preparation for our upcoming cruise. I've sent you an email requesting the compasses to help with our planning (and I've ordered the magnetic hooks).

We are also in a Boardwalk Balcony (our first) and have a quick question...Do you know when the diving show practices are held? We'd like to try and catch one to watch from our balcony, if possible.

Thanks!

I just sent you the compass :)

As for the diving practice: It was late morning on our Labadee day that I saw them. Enjoy your cruise!