The Verdict on Oasis: My Views (Rm 12729 ), Tips, Compass, and "Too Many" Pictures!

Great review. We (3 couples) are going on the Oasis May 21, 2017. Long way out, but getting excited.

Your review answers all my question and then some. We have never been on RCL but have been on Carnival, Princess and Commodore (1978). Loved them all.

Hi, David! See the answers above... You can e-mail me at APDMOM@live.com to get the Compass. I will send more out tomorrow morning. :)

We asked about having our son and his family of four board with us last October. We are Diamond and this was their first cruise. When we asked, we were initially told no. I told them that this was their first cruise and we wanted to stay together and I knew this was allowed. The lady was a bit aggravated but said "well.....go ahead" as she mumnled a few other things that I didn't totally hear. Perhaps she was just having a bad day! Point is, if you're told no, Ask them to PLEASE reconsider!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you so much for the great review. We booked this past week for next February. One question: are there stairs at the aft of the ship to get down to the boardwalk or do you have to walk forward and then back to the boardwalk. Thanks

Thank you so much for the great review. We booked this past week for next February. One question: are there stairs at the aft of the ship to get down to the boardwalk or do you have to walk forward and then back to the boardwalk. Thanks

You are welcome!

As for the stairs: The so called "aft" stairs do lead to the forward part of the Boardwalk. The only far aft stairs (at the very back of the ship by the aqua theater) lead to deck 7 and deck 5. If you are far aft on any other deck (like by the flowriders), you have to walk a bit more forward to go down. Hope this makes sense. :)

Where to store the luggage...???

My advice is to bring suitcases that are more flexible so that you can store them under the bed. Our largest suitcase was 10.5 inches deep and easily slid under the bed. We were able to store 4 suitcases and 2 carry-ons under the bed and never had to deal with them again until packing up. I did see some people store their hard shell, inflexible suitcases on the balcony, since the could not fit under the bed. So, if you like to keep the suitcases out of sight, bring the softer ones that fit under the bed.

Alternately, if you bring larger (or hard sided suitcases) that won't fit under the bed ... try unzipping them. The few inches created by opening the suitcase might be enough to allow it to slide under the bed.

Of course, you'd never do this at home: You need the space for other things, and you wouldn't want your suitcase to fill with dust bunnies ... but those aren't concerns on a cruise.

• 2 months later...

Hi there, I realize it's been awhile since you posted all of this info. I'm a new cruiser to Oasis of the seas we sail in June 2017. I really appreciate all the info you have given us about the TV, luggage tips, the hooks etc... All new info that I have not heard before.

Thank you!😃

Hi there, I realize it's been awhile since you posted all of this info. I'm a new cruiser to Oasis of the seas we sail in June 2017. I really appreciate all the info you have given us about the TV, luggage tips, the hooks etc... All new info that I have not heard before.

Thank you![emoji2]

You are welcome! We are headed back to Oasis again on June 4th... really excited to return to our favorite ship. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...

In response to a question about the mini-fridge on Oasis - we just returned and our refrig did not cool at all. We asked about it and were told it was "a cooler, not a refrigerator." Whatever. It didn't cool at all. Worthless. There wasn't anyway to adjust the temperature in it at all. We ended up asking for an ice bucket and it was filled twice daily.

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic review. I'm looking at either the Oasis in Dec 2017 or the Symphony in May 2018 in Europe. I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

If I do the Oasis I'll be travelling on my own but if I do Symphony I will be travelling with my elderly parents.

Decisions, decisions! :confused::confused:

APDMom- Will you be posting another review after your upcoming cruise? We're sailing a week after you return and enjoyed this review.

Nice!

If we get wifi, I may do some live posts, but I will probably do a review again after the cruise. :)

We cancelled our wifi package last week because it looked like we were going to miss the cruise. DH had emergency surgery and spent 9 days in the hospital.

Fortunately, we were able to make it, and we are waiting to board!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice!

If we get wifi, I may do some live posts, but I will probably do a review again after the cruise. :)

We cancelled our wifi package last week because it looked like we were going to miss the cruise. DH had emergency surgery and spent 9 days in the hospital.

Fortunately, we were able to make it, and we are waiting to board!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have fun! Hope you have great weather.