Late may early june 2016

billfish

[b

our grandson will be returning from his deployment next spring . He has not been on a vacation in several years due his military comittment. We will not know his actual return until february or march so it will be difficult to book before we know his actual return.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with this ]

Personally I agree with Ruthless Boss. I would not plan anything until he is home.

Then perhaps aim for fall.

Whatever you do I know it will be wonderful to have him home again

like.

You might want to ask him what we would like as he gets closer to the end of his deployment.

Edited by love my grandkids

We have talked to at length about what he would like to do on his return and a cruise was # 1 on his list . We had planned a Florida vacation in May of this year but had to cancel as his deployment was moved up to may from an August date.

The fall cannot be done due to the fact that he will be returning to college in September.

We have talked to at length about what he would like to do on his return and a cruise was # 1 on his list . We had planned a Florida vacation in May of this year but had to cancel as his deployment was moved up to may from an August date.

The fall cannot be done due to the fact that he will be returning to college in September.

Then it's up to you;)

Last minute cruises are pretty easy to get. I'd wait until it gets a little closer so you have more details to plan. I'd go with the Breeze if the chance arises. Plenty of cruises will be available when you're ready

Have fun.

You could always book with past guest rate, which is fully refundable until final payment.

Thanks the last couple of posts are great We have been on the Breeze and really enjoyed the ship If my information is correct the Breeze is moving it's home port to Galveston. Not sure when but perhaps we can get on board before the move. Past guest would give us some flexabiity without risking the deposit

Past guest would give us some flexabiity without risking the deposit

It also comes with free upgrades. For our upcoming cruise, I used past guest and was able to get an 8D balcony on deck 8 for the same price as a deck 6 balcony. It actually would have been $20 more to book the same cabin under Early Saver.

• 5 months later...
We have keyed in on the Allure on May 29th

We loved the Allure, and we also did a late May departure. Just an FYI, we booked that cruise just a few weeks prior to departure and we were able to take advantage of a last minute resident discount, so we actually paid less by waiting. Only drawback was that the cabin selection was very limited. No true oceanview staterooms were left so we went with a Boardwalk view window stateroom, which wasn't bad, just not what we would've booked given other choices. Whatever you do, have a great time!

[b

our grandson will be returning from his deployment next spring . He has not been on a vacation in several years due his military comittment. We will not know his actual return until february or march so it will be difficult to book before we know his actual return.

Any suggestions on how to proceed with this ]

Well, start by making sure he has the necessary travel documents; if not, start the process to get them. Go ahead and book a cruise of your liking that can be changed without penalty, should you need to - ie don't book early saver. If what you select works, great - if not, its easy enough to pick another.

thanks for the info. He was activated from his reserve unit back in August and is scheduled to return to the states in late April or early May. He should have a firm date by mid January. Going to see how that plays out as we move forward.

Just want to chime in a bit here and sorry if I am a debbie downer, but...

I would highly recommend getting "cancel for any reason" insurance policy for the cruise you are planning. There could be any number of reasons for his tour to be extended or even if he gets hurt. The cancel for any reason insurance may be a little bit more for the policy, but may save you and your family in the long run.

I am an active duty spouse and know of the pitfalls that one might encounter when trying to plan vacations out " post deployment". hth.

Just want to chime in a bit here and sorry if I am a debbie downer, but...

I would highly recommend getting "cancel for any reason" insurance policy for the cruise you are planning. There could be any number of reasons for his tour to be extended or even if he gets hurt. The cancel for any reason insurance may be a little bit more for the policy, but may save you and your family in the long run.

I am an active duty spouse and know of the pitfalls that one might encounter when trying to plan vacations out " post deployment". hth.

Thanks so much . Kind of obvious solution . We always buy insurance. Just have to spend a few extra bucks to eliminate the STRESS