Rio

Judith02

With such a short time in port, you would probably be well advised to use the ship tours. Or you can call Grayline. They have a local Rio office in the Sheraton. I am sure a google search would turn up the information. Grayline has very well organized Rio tours, but they are mostly bus tours. I am not sure I would want a private driver in Rio for such a short time period. The traffic can be murder and missing the ship could be a reality.

You will not be able to see much in 5-6 hours. Sugarloaf and the Christ Statue, a trip to the Sambadrome and the cathedral downtown is about all time allows for.

We used http://www.southstartours.com to arrange our trips before we left. Had two days in Rio, and had 3 tours through them. One advantage was small group (just 5 of us) and in a van you can drive up to the Christ statue parking lot instead of having to take the funicular, which can save you a lot of time. We went there first, then drove down through the Tijica rain forest (this road is closed to buses too), to the beaches, then to Sugar Loaf and back to the ship. Do-able in the time you have. Our other tours were dinner/Carnaval show and a day trip to Petropolis. More personal, and cheaper than the ship's tours too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived