White Christmas holiday for 2016

The river cruises go to Christmas markets in Budapest, Prague,Nuremberg, Regensburg, Vienna, Cologne, Rudesheim, Strasbourg, Basel, Lucerne, Zurich. Not sure which is the best ones as I have never been. I am sure someone else will be able to tell you.😊

We were in the US one year for Christmas and wanted a White Christmas.

We decided on Jackson Holes, Wyoming.

Had 2 meters of snow over the week we spent there. It was amazing!!!!!!!!!

We rode skidos through Yellowstone, did the most amazing animal tour in Grand Tetons, Dog Sledded, Skied and wandered around in the snow.

It was magic. (maybe not as magic as being on an ice floe with Santa - but amazing.

Raina

Just looked at pictures of Jackson Hole covered in snow looks beautiful. Did you stay in cabins? Did you do this yourself or on a tour?

The ideal would be to have a White Christmas in Britain/Europe , and then join one of the ships leaving Southampton in early January on their World Voyage , and cruise home...:):)

David

Could you please delete your post??

I am afraid that my wife might see it!!! :)

Barry

Just looked at pictures of Jackson Hole covered in snow looks beautiful. Did you stay in cabins? Did you do this yourself or on a tour?

We did it on our own. Flew in and out of Chicago. Stayed in a really nice hotel in town (on the free bus route) and booked many tours independently. Tight budget!

It was fantastic!

Raina

Thanks Raina. I now have a lot to think about 😁

It was easier for me to plan - as we were going to be in the US. I found a chart that predicted % of a white Christmas. All of the 'charming little towns etc" that got a white Christmas were in places like the top of Michigan and hugely expensive to get too.

So we decided on a ski resort and got so much snow. It snowed every day!. In the morning they would fire the canons into the ski slopes to set off avalanches before they groomed the slops. We watched the cars in the car yard nearby get buried a bit more every day.

Plus the winter environment was amazing. Buffalo covered in snow, moose walking down main streets, people cross country skiing to the shops, and icicles 2 metres long hanging of eves!!!

To an Aussie - it was magical.

Raian

We are also thinking of doing a white Christmas for 2016.

I love Switzerland and Germany.

Currently looking at Salzburg Austria or Vienna. Would love to hire a old wood cottage for a week and then go to all the Christmas markets.

Any suggestions?

Its not cruise related but I have been looking at Albatross Tours for their xmas new year snowy Euro tours. They dont do the "one night in a different country every night" thing like so many - they do 3 to 5 night stays in each place. They do a yummy looking Salzburg one for NYE that I have my eye on.

Its not cruise related but I have been looking at Albatross Tours for their xmas new year snowy Euro tours. They dont do the "one night in a different country every night" thing like so many - they do 3 to 5 night stays in each place. They do a yummy looking Salzburg one for NYE that I have my eye on.

I just had a brochure sent to me. The issue with organised tours is that we are in our 30's with an autistic son.

Sometimes they are just to organised and don't account of a 6 yr olds need to play and have his time.

A cottage with a fire place, real Christmas tree and home made Christmas lunch sounds loverly.

Wonder how Santa could get all presents to the northern hemisphere and back???

Just had a thought what about a house swap there are a few organizations out there that do it. I am sure a Canadian (snow bird) would love to swap their winter for our summer for a change.😊