Gallows Point any good?

margaritaville momma

Not sure, but I think this is the newer snorkeling tour that doesn't have a beach break, like to Goff's Caye or Starfish Island. Haven't read any reviews, but I'd say, bring your own snorkeling gear (at least the mask and snorkel). Never know how good these folks clean their equipment. One thing about any ship snorkel excursion, the boat will most likely be crowded. The guides will attempt to herd everyone together, no venturing off on your own, thus you'll go at the rate of the slowest snorkeler. And if that's you :eek:, that might be a good thing. The guides will be close by.

Not sure, but I think this is the newer snorkeling tour that doesn't have a beach break, like to Goff's Caye or Starfish Island. Haven't read any reviews, but I'd say, bring your own snorkeling gear (at least the mask and snorkel). Never know how good these folks clean their equipment. One thing about any ship snorkel excursion, the boat will most likely be crowded. The guides will attempt to herd everyone together, no venturing off on your own, thus you'll go at the rate of the slowest snorkeler. And if that's you :eek:, that might be a good thing. The guides will be close by.

Thank you crewsweeper. I am just not sure what to do in Belize. Its just and my DD (16) and we want to snorkel but dont really care to be gone all day long.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Gallows Point snorkel boat when we were in Belize last Oct. We had signed up for a Mayan ruins tour, but a tropical storm had just hit there so all roads were washed out. Most of the shore excursions to the mainland were cancelled. The snorkeling trip sounded like a good alternative to us.

here is my video:

As you can see, the boat is pretty full. I was worried, but it turned out to be okay. It was overcast and drizzled rain, can't do anything about that, but the snorkeling was decent. It would have been better if it was sunny but once again that was out of our control.

The guides led out everyone on a big loop over the reef, and if you were in the front, they pointed out many things. My husband and I are experienced snorkelers/divers so we stayed back to let others stay close to the guides. Many of the people were new to snorkeling and they all seemed to do fine. Lots of guides were in kayaks or on rafts to help out anyone who needed it.

After about 45 minutes, they led everyone back to the boat. The bar opened, and rum punch and sodas were available, unlimited, all the way back to the ship.

We returned to our rooms, changed clothes, dropped of our snorkeling gear (we took our own but you don't need to do that, they have good stuff). We took the tender to shore to shop. It rained and rained and rained HARD.

We hope to go back to Belize and do a ruin tour next time.

NOTE: They picked us up at our ship and delivered us back to the ship! No need to take the tender to shore.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know anything about Gallows but last year my DD(16) and I did the Starfish Island Snorkel. We enjoyed both the island and the snorkeling. The guides separated us into beginner and experienced snorkelers. We saw lots of fish and coral.