Another dry dock for Paradise?

LovindaBoat

I've scoured the paradise sub-forum and cannot find confirmation, but it seems some people are referencing another dry dock for Paradise in November, 2015. We just sailed on her in Feb, right before her last dry dock. Seems odd -2 refurbishments in one year. Wed like to book again, would wait if shes getting to 2.0. Anybody able to confirm? Thanks!

the last drydock was 2/26-3/12/15.

it would be HIGHLY irregular for the ship to go back into drydock again in the same year. i have not specifically heard of this nor has it been announced to my knowledge...

however, it is also unlikely that paradise would receive 2.0 type upgrades. here's what i wrote about that on another related thread:

-----

they haven't really been implementing the 'standard' 2.0 upgrades to the fantasy class ships. they really got their major upgrades during the 'evolutions of fun' renovations a few years back, where (not equally applied among all ships) they received the waterworks, serenity areas, added balconies (paradise didn't get these), etc.

the most recent fantasy class ships post the evolutions of fun upgrades have just been pretty minor.

aside from the normal drydock renovations - carpet, paint and other cosmetic type upgrades, ecstasy got the red frog rum bar and blue iguana tequila bar.

elation, on the other hand, didn't get either of those - just the carpet, paint and other cosmetic items.

no fantasy class ships have got the alchemy bar either.

For you recent cruisers, what happened during the Paradise drydock earlier this year? Doesn't seem like there is a lot of info out there on the Paradise.

routine hotel maintenance. replacing carpets, refurbishing common areas, etc. there's not much info because not a lot was done :)

I've scoured the paradise sub-forum and cannot find confirmation, but it seems some people are referencing another dry dock for Paradise in November, 2015. We just sailed on her in Feb, right before her last dry dock. Seems odd -2 refurbishments in one year. Wed like to book again, would wait if shes getting to 2.0. Anybody able to confirm? Thanks!

The "2nd" one has been pushed back a bit.....that being said the date has not been set in stone.

Nothing about Dry Dock just that the shows will be changing the end of Oct. This is as per Steve at the captains cocktail party in April.

Char

Okay, see- Captain and Char are talking about what I'm seeing. CAPTAIN, CAN YOU ELABORATE? Sorry, didn't mean to yell that. Dates (ball park) and plans for the ship?

Edited by LovindaBoat

Okay, see- Captain and Char are talking about what I'm seeing. CAPTAIN, CAN YOU ELABORATE? Sorry, didn't mean to yell that. Dates (ball park) and plans for the ship?

From my understanding they are just changing up the shows in the main show lounge. Paradise is the last of the old all live shows. Why they think they have to fix something that isn't broke. Im sure the new crap will be cheaper for them in the long run.

That is why we are jumping on the ship in Sept & Oct love the old shows.

Char

....CAPTAIN, CAN YOU ELABORATE? Sorry, didn't mean to yell that....

Sorry LDB and I wish that I could however the previous dry dock had originally meant to be one week longer in duration and introduce some of the current 2.0 options. I cannot comment or speculate as to why there was a change however the balance of the updates were/are to be added during the next dry dock that as of now has been postponed until....well....until. With any large project, plans are made, adjusted, and implemented as seen here.

They still have live shows (eg, have a LIVE BAND) on Paradise? I gotta get myself back on board her then. She was my first Carnival...

Oh yes Tony is the band leader very good guy. Steve ( CD ) plays his fiddle for quite a bit of the show. Also two singers & I thinh 10 dancer's LIVE. great show e are going B2B in Sept & Oct. so will get to see the shows 8 more times at least.

Char

I don't know if it happened during the past dry dock or earlier, but at least in our cabin (Upper Porthole), that big huge box in the corner was gone. I could tell where it was as the carpeting wasn't replaced and you could see the line where it used to be.

I don't know if it happened during the past dry dock or earlier, but at least in our cabin (Upper Porthole), that big huge box in the corner was gone. I could tell where it was as the carpeting wasn't replaced and you could see the line where it used to be.

That was the only difference I saw also. Kinda missed it as there was no where to put my stuff.

I believe the old life vest boxes were still there when I was on her last September. It was actually pretty nice being on a mostly unmodified Fantasy Class ship. I think they work much better in their original setup. The Waterworks eliminates the aft pool, which makes the main pool get packed on the modified ships. She could use the cabin renovations like the others got though.

Edited by DarthGrady

Oh yes Tony is the band leader very good guy. Steve ( CD ) plays his fiddle for quite a bit of the show. Also two singers & I thinh 10 dancer's LIVE. great show e are going B2B in Sept & Oct. so will get to see the shows 8 more times at least.

Char

Most recent cruise in PRIDE still the male/female live vocalists, but had a smaller dance ensemble and the backing music was all on tape (well, I know, it's digital now, but you know what I mean). They did have the super happy fantastic digital LCD set backdrop.."yawn..." So no live backup band, but easier and more technically gee-whiz set changes.

I'd rather have the live backing band - they still have one on Paradise?

Paradise really needs some sprucing up. Inspiration had a nicer pool area with minor upgrades. They sure could add a backdrop at least when they do the show where cruisers sing-- kind of karaoke.

Best thing about Fantasy ships is umbrellas on the Serenity. On the Spirit ships I can't use Serenity or I'd be fried due to lack of shade. Those sofas are not comfortable.