Transferring an on board booking

Koz1

While on a Celebrity cruise last year we booked four future cruises - three Celebrity and one Royal Caribbean. We now want to cancel one of the Celebrity cruises and transfer it to an RCI cruise but my Travel Agent is being told that we can't transfer across brands. I had asked and been told on the ship when I booked that we can, and that we would get the equivalent OBC that we would have got for booking an RCI cruise on board (ie $200 OBC for a 14 day cruise).

Has anyone booked a Celebrity cruise on board and then cancelled and changed that booking to an RCI cruise, or booked an RCI cruise and then changed to a Celebrity cruise, and still been given the on board booking benefits?

While on a Celebrity cruise last year we booked four future cruises - three Celebrity and one Royal Caribbean. We now want to cancel one of the Celebrity cruises and transfer it to an RCI cruise but my Travel Agent is being told that we can't transfer across brands. I had asked and been told on the ship when I booked that we can, and that we would get the equivalent OBC that we would have got for booking an RCI cruise on board (ie $200 OBC for a 14 day cruise).

Has anyone booked a Celebrity cruise on board and then cancelled and changed that booking to an RCI cruise, or booked an RCI cruise and then changed to a Celebrity cruise, and still been given the on board booking benefits?

My understanding is that you CANNOT transfer across brands. Normally you're transferring the booking from RCCL being the direct agent to a travel agent. Once your agent has it, they can transfer a reservation from one RCCL cruise to another, but I've never heard of them doing it across brands and giving you OBC across brands.

My understanding is that you CANNOT transfer across brands. Normally you're transferring the booking from RCCL being the direct agent to a travel agent. Once your agent has it, they can transfer a reservation from one RCCL cruise to another, but I've never heard of them doing it across brands and giving you OBC across brands.

The key word here is Transfer... If you want to keep your perks, you need to transfer the booking, not cancel it and rebook. Cancelling and rebooking will cause you to lose every perk, including any OBC and deposit. Unfortunately, TAs cannot usually transfer across brands. I would strongly ask your TA to contact the resolutions department at Celebrity to see if they can convince the folks at X to allow the transfer (the resolutions department would need to do all of the work on this one).

Good Luck!

Steve