Curacao Cave Tour

summer slope

If you're referring to the Hato cave tour in Curacoa, we did that tour and enjoyed it tremendously. If you haven't done so already, you may want to read the Reviews on HAL's web site for more insights on the tour ... http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-destinations/ExcursionDetails.action?excursionCode=100030185&portCode=CUR&destCode=C&requestSource=shoreExcursions

We have visited it twice, and enjoyed each visit. It can be a bit warm. It is not as spectacular as Luray Caverns or others, but it is interesting.

Here are links to the pages from blogs I did that talk about the excursion, and include photos/links to photos:

2014: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41818484&postcount=175

2015: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46029718&postcount=165

Dave

I did this excursion a few years ago and enjoyed it. The cave complex is fairly small (by Appalachian standards, anyway) but contains some interesting history and mineral formations. While not exactly a "tour", the bus ride out and back gave a good overview of the scenery, with a nice vista of Willemstad. As I recall, the version I took also included a walking tour of the city (don't remember if it was before or after the cave; if I had to guess I'd say before). We crossed the swinging bridge and visited the old fort/government center and the floating market, among other things. Nothing mind-blowing , but a nice day out on (and out of) the town.

I've been to the cave twice. First time, my DH was quarantined to his cabin and couldn't join me. The second time, we specifically booked another tour to the cave so he could join me. Just an FYI, there are many uneven, steep steps to climb to reach the caves, but on both excursions, guides were willing to wait for stragglers to catch up. A large portion of the cave is no longer accessible to tourists to protect the resident bats from contagion.

Photos can only be taken in parts of the cave with natural light, but definitely still worth visiting in my opinion. I'd go again!