First Cruise in two years Questions

apples1996

I hit a cruise dry spell over the last two years, so I am excited to be on the Breeze real soon. I have a couple questions just in case things have changed.

1. Is buying the case of water on the ship a good value? I have never brought on my own before and never really paid attention to what individual bottles cost before on the ship?

2. Is the diet coke a better deal before hand or same price if I buy individually as I go?

3. What is the media thing I hear about?

4. How many formal nights on the 6 day Breeze?

5. Any new things in last two years that would make my trip more successful?

Thanks so much for your kind replies.

Sharon

Kentucky

PS: On the bottled water thing. Since they implemented the no carry on policy, they have greatly reduced the price of purchasing water on board. If you are considering it, it is also cheaper to purchase it in advance than on board - so save a few bucks and order through your booking on line in the fun shops. Hope this helps.

We sail on Sunday. I am thinking to order a case ahead of time if it is cheaper than buying it by the bottle once onboard. I would buy some diet coke too if it is cheaper to buy from ship in bulk rather than by the can each day.

We sail on Sunday. I am thinking to order a case ahead of time if it is cheaper than buying it by the bottle once onboard. I would buy some diet coke too if it is cheaper to buy from ship in bulk rather than by the can each day.

If they have not reduced the price, buying one bottle of 500ml of water on board is $1.95. Ordering online is $2.99 for a case of 12. If you order on board, the case of 12 is $4.99

I hit a cruise dry spell over the last two years, so I am excited to be on the Breeze real soon. I have a couple questions just in case things have changed.

1. Is buying the case of water on the ship a good value? I have never brought on my own before and never really paid attention to what individual bottles cost before on the ship?

2. Is the diet coke a better deal before hand or same price if I buy individually as I go?

3. What is the media thing I hear about?

4. How many formal nights on the 6 day Breeze?

5. Any new things in last two years that would make my trip more successful?

Thanks so much for your kind replies.

Sharon

Kentucky

First, have a great time! Second, I was born and raised in Kentucky (but married and am now a Hoosier). Third, can't help much as we only started cruising 2 years ago but before the recent water bottle ban we brought our own. It was no big deal, but we're not alcohol smugglers.

Suggestions: Go with the flow, relax, and have an awesome time.

1. Is buying the case of water on the ship a good value? I have never brought on my own before and never really paid attention to what individual bottles cost before on the ship? yes, it is a very good deal right now. They have just dropped the price significantly.

2. Is the diet coke a better deal before hand or same price if i buy individually as i go? It is a better price before hand but you can also take one case of cans (12 x 12 oz cans) with you per person. Bottles are a no-no, but you can still take cans.

Enjoy the breeze! She is a beautiful ship, she is very Caribbean resort like in decor and there isn't much of the neon and glitter from the previous ships. I'd go again on the Breeze in a nanosecond!!

:d :d :d

1. Is buying the case of water on the ship a good value? I have never brought on my own before and never really paid attention to what individual bottles cost before on the ship? Just off the Breeze and ordered the water through them prior to the cruise. Was nice to be able to grab a bottle of water whenever I wanted one. The price dropped significantly as they no longer allow you to bring on your own. Definitely worth it.

2. Is the diet coke a better deal before hand or same price if I buy individually as I go? Depending on how much you drink, you can also purchase the Bottomless Bubbles package while on board. Cost is $6 per person, per day. They do not monitor you, and I was giving soda to my mother in front of the servers -- they never said a word.

3. What is the media thing I hear about? No idea what you are talking about -- perhaps you could be a bit more specific.

4. How many formal nights on the 6 day Breeze? Two.

5. Any new things in last two years that would make my trip more successful? The Breeze is a beautiful ship -- my favorite in the Carnival fleet. I don't know when you are going, but whether you get the regular Cruise Director Matt Mitcham (he is on vacation until mid-July) or his replacement Reverend Dr. E, you are guaranteed to have a blast! Both are some of the best CD's I have come across. At some point, you should try Guy's Burgers, but don't blame me if you get addicted. Breakfast buffet lines may be long. Here's a hint -- the Tandoori Kitchen (opposite side of ship of Pizza Pirate -- all the way to the back of the ship at the Tides Pool), there were no more than four to five people in line for breakfast. Same food, less wait! Most importantly, take it all in, relax, and enjoy. You are on vacation!!!!

Edited by FTLCruiseGal