Need booking help with guarantee room please!

seafoy

Haven't sailed with NCL in several years, but looking at booking the Star out of Tampa in October of this year. I was looking at Oceanview gty rooms to keep the cost down a bit. I guess I have two choices, regular ocean view gty OX, which is least expensive at $589 or OK obstructed ocean view gty OK at $619 for deck 8. Which of these would be the better choice? Are there any potential "awful" room assignments I could wind up with? Thanks so much for any advice!

Yes, you could end up with an obstructed oceanview cabin on deck 8. Some are located over the Spinaker lounge which could be noisy at night.

However, I was pleasantly surprised when I booked the obstructed ocean view on the Dawn, in 2013, and ended up in a Deluxe owner's suite. It's the luck of the draw.

With either one GTY choice one could end up also on lower decks (4 and 5) and depending on the location the window might be only a porthole and there can be noises from different mechanical and crew spaces on those lower decks and below.

DD did guarantee OV and ended up on deck 4 with a porthole. With the promos going on, ships are sailing fuller and I think that would be a a chance you would be taking If view doesn't matter, go for the cheapest

Are there any potential "awful" room assignments I could wind up with? Thanks so much for any advice!

If stateroom location is of ANY importance to you whatsoever, do NOT book a guarantee.

Let me repeat that: If stateroom location is of ANY importance to you whatsoever, do NOT book a guarantee.

Haven't sailed with NCL in several years, but looking at booking the Star out of Tampa in October of this year. I was looking at Oceanview gty rooms to keep the cost down a bit. I guess I have two choices, regular ocean view gty OX, which is least expensive at $589 or OK obstructed ocean view gty OK at $619 for deck 8. Which of these would be the better choice? Are there any potential "awful" room assignments I could wind up with? Thanks so much for any advice!

I would wait for a cheaper price close to your sail date . ;)