Jewel of the Seas Pacific Northwest Review

Loved your trip report! We will be on the Pacific Coastal 8 night in September in the opposite direction - Vancouver to LA with a SF overnight.

Absolutely loved your pictures of the gardens... hoping there are still some beautiful flowers when we are there :)

Thanks. Wish I could be on that cruise too!

Loved your trip report! We will be on the Pacific Coastal 8 night in September in the opposite direction - Vancouver to LA with a SF overnight.

Absolutely loved your pictures of the gardens... hoping there are still some beautiful flowers when we are there :)

Butchart Gardens is beautiful year round, the flowers and bulbs change with the seasons. We were there in September during an Alaska cruise and it was gorgeous. :)

I wonder if the second gas turbine ever got fixed or if they are still operating with the backup Diesel engine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know - I never heard any more about it. Anybody out there know?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for a Pacific Coastal cruise, and had not thought of Royal Caribbean right away. We have sailed on Norwegian several times, but our last cruise really was a disappointment. We are 55-65, and trying Celebrity for the first time on a Caribbean trip scheduled March 2016. I see that you have experienced all three - how do you think we will find RC? I know opinions are subjective, but this looks like a great itinerary for us - did you consider a day trip to the wine country, is this a possibility when in San Francisco?

Thank you so much for the pictures, you really sparked my interest in this itinerary even more!

I have been looking for a Pacific Coastal cruise, and had not thought of Royal Caribbean right away. We have sailed on Norwegian several times, but our last cruise really was a disappointment. We are 55-65, and trying Celebrity for the first time on a Caribbean trip scheduled March 2016. I see that you have experienced all three - how do you think we will find RC? I know opinions are subjective, but this looks like a great itinerary for us - did you consider a day trip to the wine country, is this a possibility when in San Francisco?

Thank you so much for the pictures, you really sparked my interest in this itinerary even more!

Thanks for reading my review. We personally did not care for Norwegian but that was on the old Sky many years ago. We did not try another of their ships. Celebrity offers some of the best food at sea in my opinion and their ships are sleek and beautiful, but they don't offer the activities that RCCL does. Royal Caribbean just seems to be the right fit for us so we have stuck with them.

We really don't drink wine (couldn't even finish the free bottle we got on the Jewel) so didn't consider going to wine country. If you choose a sailing that overnights in San Francisco, you could rent a car and drive to wine country. I see at least one RCCL sailing on Explorer of the Seas offers a Napa Valley wine train excursion.

We loved this itinerary and would love to do it again!