Jewel of the Seas Pacific Northwest Review

San Francisco continued:

18591016173_921e2d8fd3_c.jpg

19181937166_342b841b95_c.jpg

Our second day in San Francisco we walked to China Town. Along the way we took in all the shops and huge array of food in the Ferry Building. This is something to see, but lo and behold I cannot find one photo of it.

19020487458_5b7bb1cbfa_c.jpg

18585532874_c95b23ba27_c.jpg

19208052385_1f50a58ae1_c.jpg

19211721111_148e73ca83_c.jpg

Following along. We were on the cruise with you and really enjoyed it. Your photos are gorgeous. I can't wait to hear your take on the 2nd day in San Francisco.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. Please let me know if I'm remembering something incorrectly. I shouldn't have waited so long to do the review.

Great review!!

We're on the Jewel PNW in October, so this is a great bridge between now and then!!

Your pictures are just beautiful, just like being there!

Can hardly wait for the rest of your review...hurry!!! :D

Thanks much. You are going to love your cruise.

Love your review and pictures! We went to Kansas City BBQ in 2002 because my husband is a huge Top Gun fan. Very fun place!

Thanks! I got my 13-year old grandson one of the Top Gun tee shirts from the bar and when I got home I noticed on the back it says, "where the sleazy bar scene was filmed." Oh oh. It didn't faze him though and he loves the shirt.

Thank you for taking the time to post a report. Your pictures are amazing. :)

Thanks. My pleasure.

We have seen that waiter before. He is amazing. I think he used to be on Indy or Explorer?

I couldn't believe he could walk around with that tray on his head, but even more impressive was that he could reach up and get sugars, creamers, etc.

Thanks for sharing, I'll be following this thread. We're also going on the Jewel's PNW repo in September from Vancouver to LA so some of these ports will cross over. I'm big on arrivals and departures for the ports. With San Francisco do you remember what time you started to approach the bay in order to dock on time, and how long it took from the scheduled departure to clear the golden gate bridge?

As far as "it never rains in Southern California," hogwash. It rained and it rained for two days and it was cold! I couldn't get too upset over the rain knowing how much they needed it. There were periods of clearing where we were able to enjoy some things.

Upon arrival, since we couldn't check in yet, we walked to Little Italy, stopping in a little cafe. It rained cats and dogs on the hike back to the hotel.

19180848546_503cdaa4a4_c.jpg

19019304180_0cb5b932eb_c.jpg

18586372373_510629ea8d_c.jpg

19019302420_002970d49b_c.jpg

18584443774_74607c2ddc_c.jpg

Sorry for the rain when you were here. It's just our way of keeping people from moving here 😀. Of course it hasn't rained in about 4 1/2 years and when the jewel pulls into town, down it came. Ha-ha... Maybe a little bit of an exaggeration but you're rite, we really need it. We can only water outside 2 days a week and after 8pm now. Ughhhh.... Getting really brown around here.

But anyways, love your review!!! Come back and see us, the sun will definitely shine 😁

Sorry for the rain when you were here. It's just our way of keeping people from moving here 😀. Of course it hasn't rained in about 4 1/2 years and when the jewel pulls into town, down it came. Ha-ha... Maybe a little bit of an exaggeration but you're rite, we really need it. We can only water outside 2 days a week and after 8pm now. Ughhhh.... Getting really brown around here.

But anyways, love your review!!! Come back and see us, the sun will definitely shine 😁

When we arrived from Seattle for this cruise we were accused by locals that we brought it from Seattle. Sorry but it doesn't rain like that here. :eek: :p

lovelife, your photos are beautiful!! Thank you for the review, we are looking forward to our coastal cruise on Jewel in September.

When we arrived from Seattle for this cruise we were accused by locals that we brought it from Seattle. Sorry but it doesn't rain like that here. :eek: :p

Haha, my sister says the same thing- it's a 'rain myth' to keep people from moving there! :D I like this article: http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/04/seattle-doesnt-get-that-much-rain/

Thanks for sharing, I'll be following this thread. We're also going on the Jewel's PNW repo in September from Vancouver to LA so some of these ports will cross over. I'm big on arrivals and departures for the ports. With San Francisco do you remember what time you started to approach the bay in order to dock on time, and how long it took from the scheduled departure to clear the golden gate bridge?

I checked the photo times and it was 26 minutes from the time the Golden Gate Bridge was in view until we docked. We departed SF in the wee hours so I was asleep. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I definitely want to return. I'm so happy you got some rain and am hoping you get much more!

Miscellaneous Jewel photos:

Teensy Weensy concierge lounge. Never could get a seat there in the evening so we just got our drinks that were pre-loaded on our Sea Pass at the bars.

13414404283_5304ee91b4_c.jpg

Fitness Center

13492882053_b217bb2f00_c.jpg

Solarium

13414388273_8226be71f1_c.jpg

13492766415_00c6193ac6_c.jpg

13414316715_715e709716_c.jpg

13414430623_c9a7e8ea9b_c.jpg

We were to depart San Francisco I believe around 5 p.m. but there was an issue with one of the engines which delayed our departure until about 2 a.m. the next morning. This in turn delayed our arrival in Victoria until 4 or 5 p.m. Those of us with the Butchart Gardens excursion booked could either cancel or be rescheduled to 6 p.m. We opted to take the excursion even though it did not give us much time in the gardens and daylight was fading quickly as we neared the end. It was a fairly long bus ride there but we were rewarded with beautiful gardens.

19100126866_0063e89365_c.jpg

19021895209_18e8e93f5f_c.jpg

19020162980_793a7b2e3d_c.jpg

19181702266_3a214c3c07_c.jpg

Quarry Transformed

18585523404_a508d8df1f_c.jpg

18587465713_7ae22b3479_c.jpg