Dawn cabin 9506 question

amy417

Hey Hey!

Say hello to the new members of the 9506 club.:D

WOO-HOO!!!

It was my intention to try and keep the secret from my hubby but I just could not contain myself. The last month or so he has really gotten into checking the ncl sites and these boards. I could not keep a straight face when he informed me that the room disappeared from the ncl site.

Angeljt..I can't wait to hear how you are doing. Don't spare one detail.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting...I knew you could do it;)

Enjoy every minute in your beautiful 9506! You will LOVE it!

They dragged me off of the ship kicking and screaming but next time I will tie myself to one of the balconies!!!!

Welcome to the club:D

TrinaLC & NYHartChapp,

So when are you going back on the Dawn in Cabin 9506? We got off the Dawn on 9/11/05 and booked again for 12/1/05 on 10/2. We only booked an AF mini, but not even a week past & I got an e-mail from NCL about an upsell.

We'll we'll be in OUR Owner's Suite 10506 again. Paid $70 more for this 10 day cruise than for our 7 day in September.

We're hooked on cruising. After this cruise, we'll have been on the Dawn for 34 days this past 12 months.

Hope to meet you on a cruise someday,

Monty

TrinaLC & NYHartChapp,

So when are you going back on the Dawn in Cabin 9506? We got off the Dawn on 9/11/05 and booked again for 12/1/05 on 10/2. We only booked an AF mini, but not even a week past & I got an e-mail from NCL about an upsell.

We'll we'll be in OUR Owner's Suite 10506 again. Paid $70 more for this 10 day cruise than for our 7 day in September.

We're hooked on cruising. After this cruise, we'll have been on the Dawn for 34 days this past 12 months.

Hope to meet you on a cruise someday,

Monty

Hey Monty,

We need to start a 10506 club too...

Mark

Hey Monty,

We need to start a 10506 club too...

Mark

I think we did start a 10000 suite club somewhere on the board.

We were in 10006 (Dawn)....8 mos., after 9506.

Starboard (006) instead of port (506).

We also sailed 9004 on the Jewel. Duplicate of Dawn suites. Haven't seen a "club" for the Jewel yet.

We may just follow Klaus Lugmaier where-ever he goes...he runs a "perfect" ship.

BarbaraCT ~

I loved those 2 bathrooms myself!!

And, the Jewel has a capuccino/espresso maker in the suite!

Happy sailing to all

Hey Hey!

Say hello to the new members of the 9506 club.:D

WOO-HOO!!!

It was my intention to try and keep the secret from my hubby but I just could not contain myself. The last month or so he has really gotten into checking the ncl sites and these boards. I could not keep a straight face when he informed me that the room disappeared from the ncl site.

Angeljt..I can't wait to hear how you are doing. Don't spare one detail.

Hi Amy and all!!!

From the beautiful 9506 as I type. CONGRATS TO YOU!!! You're going to love this cabin and Denny, your butler, Irene and Gene, your room stewards, Bennie our bartender in the Star Bar. Sorry to say that Sylvia won't be in the Star since she'll be home with her family for two months, but happy for her. Claudio, your concierge, is great also.

We've been having a ball. 10 days is much better than 7, but still too short. Glad we're not arriving in NYC today though. I will write a full review and post about a zillion pics on webshots when we return. I have already posted a few from our last time in 9506 on webshots. Webshots Community - angeljt

Hope I did that correctly. If not, it's http://community.webshots.com/user/angeljt

Amy, you and hubby must be sooooooo excited!!! It's probably a good thing that you told him since the anticipation is a great deal of the fun.

Will write again soon. We're at sea today and Great Stirrup tomorrow.

Trying not to count the days!!! LOVE THIS SUITE!!!

Jackie:cool:

Glad your having such a great time - envy you those extra days!

Isn't Denny great?! Tell him HI from his friends on cruise critic! (When we mentioned cruise critic originally he seemed nervous/taken aback - but I told him that by and large, folks on the board were highly appreciative of the Dawn crew!)

Hi Amy and all!!!

From the beautiful 9506 as I type. CONGRATS TO YOU!!! You're going to love this cabin and Denny, your butler, Irene and Gene, your room stewards, Bennie our bartender in the Star Bar. Sorry to say that Sylvia won't be in the Star since she'll be home with her family for two months, but happy for her. Claudio, your concierge, is great also.

We've been having a ball. 10 days is much better than 7, but still too short. Glad we're not arriving in NYC today though. I will write a full review and post about a zillion pics on webshots when we return. I have already posted a few from our last time in 9506 on webshots. Webshots Community - angeljt

Hope I did that correctly. If not, it's http://community.webshots.com/user/angeljt

Amy, you and hubby must be sooooooo excited!!! It's probably a good thing that you told him since the anticipation is a great deal of the fun.

Jackie, I took a look at your pictures and love the one of the little birdie sitting on the glass looking at you -- he must have been thirsty!

Hi Amy and all!!!

Enjoy every moment!

Tie yourself to the balcony so they can't get you off!!

If they do, leave the cabin in good shape...hoping to return.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise...it goes too fast!:)

Hello All,

It sure is flying by, but we're enjoying every last minute. Make sure you visit Benny in the Star Bar and tell him Jackie from Boston sent you. He's a great bartender and is very interesting to talk to. We go there every day for a Just Peachy and Apple martini or two. Yummy!

I love that little bird in the pic too.

Sorry about not being able to answer everyone personally, but we're almost done with our computer time.

Thanks for all of the good wishes.

Angeljt,

Is the room decor the same as the last time you went? I was wondering if it changed since the wave.

I know that the carpets outside of 9506 & 9502 are new -- they didn't match the rest of the carpet when I was there in June.

You do get 3 bottles. There are large, a full litre as I recall, but not top shelf. In particular, there is no dark rum, and the scotch available was not one that we were familiar with. They say clearly "NO substitions", so we didn't try. On the plus side, denny, our butler, brought mixers to go with the tequila we did order!

You do get 3 bottles. There are large, a full litre as I recall, but not top shelf. In particular, there is no dark rum, and the scotch available was not one that we were familiar with. They say clearly "NO substitions", so we didn't try. On the plus side, denny, our butler, brought mixers to go with the tequila we did order!

We were able to substitute, but it was for two bottles of wine and one bottle of V.S. Brandy.

Mark

Angeljt,

Is the room decor the same as the last time you went? I was wondering if it changed since the wave.

Hi Amy-- I can answer this question for you. We were the first ones to be in 9506 after the Wave--we were told the carpets had been replaced, but that's all.

Enjoy! I know you will!

Angeljt,

Amy,

Yes, the carpet is green now instead of the busy multicolors before. They have also changed the carpet in the hallway but it looks like they patched it or ran out of carpet. I liked the long strip, but the solid blue looked out of place to me. No biggie, it's still great.

I took a picture of the first person when they filled the crew hot tub. They finished the repairs toward the middle of the cruise.

Enjoy every moment!

Tie yourself to the balcony so they can't get you off!!

If they do, leave the cabin in good shape...hoping to return.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise...it goes too fast!:)

Cosmo,

Tried to tie ourselves to the balcony, but they cut the rope.

Jackie:D

Archived