Pubs in Victoria, BC with children

Our last port will be in Victoria, BC from 6PM-midnight. We were hoping to walk around the city and have dinner in a pub. I read somewhere that Canadian pubs don't allow children and we will have our 10yo and 12yo with us. Any suggestions of places that serve good beer and food would be most appreciated. Thank you.

I responded to your thread on the Alaska forum and below I will post a link that I think you will find helpful. Both the Sticky Wicket and the Irish Times are downtown and easy to find. The Sticky Wicket has always (or at least for the past 20 years +) had a family section.

http://victoriamom.ca/article/are-children-allowed-pubs-victoria#sthash.mvdWbL38.dpbs

While government regulations in BC allow kids in pubs, not all pubs welcome them and most give them a curfew of 9 pm. You'll find an incomplete list of pubs in Victoria that welcome children here. One not on the list you might consider is the Canoe Brew Pub, which allows kids on the patio and in the dining room. One of my favourites for the food, view and beer, it's located at the foot of Swift St., next to Victoria's Chinatown.

While government regulations in BC allow kids in pubs, not all pubs welcome them and most give them a curfew of 9 pm. You'll find an incomplete list of pubs in Victoria that welcome children here.

With due respect, Putterdude gave this link in his reply 2 days ago. :) Very helpful, though. :)