Disney Magic Family stateroom or Deluxe Veranda

partsgal

I am having a problem choosing a room for our family cruise. We are 4 adults and 3 children . Twin girls age 2 and grandson age 6. I decided on two rooms but need help. The family verandas are on Deck 8 and I have read they are noisy. I have options of either rooms 8068 and 8070(connecting)or Deck 7 rooms 7082 and 7080 Deluxe Verandas also connecting. Has anyone stayed in 8068 or 8070 and give me some feedback? I searched these rooms and get conflicting reviews. Please help!

30+ DCL cruises, cabins all over the classic ships. The only time I have had noise other than brief thruster noise at docking it has come from other guests.

That said, the difference in the amount of space between a cat 4 and a cat 5 is relatively little (about 30 sq ft.) The cost difference can be significant or minimal depending on the dates.

Have you asked on disboards?

We weren't anywhere near there, but were right across from the doorway to the elevators on deck 6 and was shocked at how little noise there was. It seemed like the staterooms are soundproofed very well.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. The noise I have been reading about is from the deck above 8. The pool area where chairs are moved around at night and early morning. Can anyone who stayed on deck 8 comment on this?

Thanks everyone for your feedback. The noise I have been reading about is from the deck above 8. The pool area where chairs are moved around at night and early morning. Can anyone who stayed on deck 8 comment on this?

This problem occurs if you are midship (which is where the pools are). If you are far forward (below the fitness center and spa) or far aft (below the restaurant) it is not an issue.

Yes, it happens. I didn't stay on deck 8 midship, but you can hear it even walking in the halls late at night. It isn't awful, but it is there.

Edited by moki'smommy

We recently stayed in 8058 on the Magic with our three kids -- just a few staterooms down from 8068. We thought the location was fantastic. Easy trip back and forth from Deck 9 which was great throughout the day; to us that was a huge plus especially with the kids. As far as noise...if I sat on the balcony in the earlier part of the morning I could hear some chairs moving back and forth above (perhaps while the crew was still setting chairs out for the day), but nothing troubling at all. And honestly I never noticed any noise from inside the stateroom, during the day or in the evening. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still torn between which rooms to chose. I don't want the children to be woken up with noise from above. They are twins 2 years old and would nap midday also.I was hoping someone who stayed in these rooms 8068 and 8070 could give me first hand info.

About 2 years ago we were on deck 8 on the dream. We noticed the noise in the evenings but it was never loud enough to wake our one year old (a very light sleeper). We decided we wouldn't stay on deck 8 again but it was nothing to complain about. The noises we did hear were from some very heavy chair moving and very heavy small feet running. The everyday regular noise wasn't noticeable.