Rhapsody Rome to Greece

I have a valid passport and I know I don't need a visa. Will I need to produce documents regarding immunization records?

I keep a copy of recent immunizations and medications for my husband and I on my ipad in case of a medical emergency when away from home.

• 4 weeks later...

We are due to cruise from Rome to Greece and Turkey on August 22nd 2015 and are worried about recent terrorist events in Turkey. We have asked Royal Caribbean if they are planning any change to their itinerary, but they have no plans as yet. Does anyone else feel that Turkey is now less safe than it was and maybe this cruise should follow a different itinerary?

We are due to cruise from Rome to Greece and Turkey on August 22nd 2015 and are worried about recent terrorist events in Turkey. We have asked Royal Caribbean if they are planning any change to their itinerary, but they have no plans as yet. Does anyone else feel that Turkey is now less safe than it was and maybe this cruise should follow a different itinerary?

Hi

I'm on this cruise and the ports in Turkey we visit are no where near where the has been trouble. I think they are perfectly safe

Many years ago I was in Instanbul staying at a hotel that had been bombed less than a month before. Security and police presence was EVERYWHERE.

We were in Paris this last May after the terrorist attack on the French magazine, and there were police and the military all over that city, too.

If you go into a big city after an attack, expect to see lots of guys (and gals) with big guns to protect you!

My husband and I were on Rhapsody at the beginning of July. We left on a Tuesday and the Friday prior there were two things in the news about unsafe travel. We were extremely concerned as we were flying into Istanbul for two days prior to the cruise. We really liked Istanbul! We wouldn't necessarily go back, but we also wouldn't not plan a cruise departing from there. We called RCI numerous times prior to leaving to just confirm all was safe. They assured us over and over again. Our trip was in the middle of the "crisis" in Greece and we found that what was being stated on the news was completely not true, or at least grossly over exaggerated. Don't watch the news until you come back! Haha.

You will have a fabulous time! :)

My husband and I were on Rhapsody at the beginning of July. We left on a Tuesday and the Friday prior there were two things in the news about unsafe travel. We were extremely concerned as we were flying into Istanbul for two days prior to the cruise. We really liked Istanbul! We wouldn't necessarily go back, but we also wouldn't not plan a cruise departing from there. We called RCI numerous times prior to leaving to just confirm all was safe. They assured us over and over again. Our trip was in the middle of the "crisis" in Greece and we found that what was being stated on the news was completely not true, or at least grossly over exaggerated. Don't watch the news until you come back! Haha.

You will have a fabulous time! :)

It's not accurate to portray that there is no crisis in Greece. It just does not impact tourists. If you speak to the Greek people, things are not good and there is a lot of uncertainty. I would err on the side of bringing MORE money than you need but otherwise I felt absolutely no impact to me being there for a week.

In terms of safety in Istanbul, you need to use your best judgement. There does tend to be increased security after incidents in these big cities (much of which you cannot even see). You may want to rely more on the state department websites than the news media to determine where you are safe. If you don't feel comfortable, then you can also stay on the ship.

Don't believe anything the US media says about the rest of the world. I've come to the conclusion that they blow up everything out of proportion to make the USA look nice and safe and cuddly!!!!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk