Explorer OTS - Deck 2 & 3 questions

mlbcruiser

Anyone out there who has experience with or good knowledge of deck 2 or 3 on the Explorer OTS? Esp. since her last refit?

Due to a promotion we can switch to an outside cabin on an 11 nt. Explorer of the Seas cruise. We have stayed in many inside cabins, but in more recent yrs. have stayed in balconies, promenades and outside cabins most of the time. However, the ONLY outside cabins at the price we an afford are on deck 2, and it appears the best are next to what I am guessing is the galley, since the D.R. floors are right above that space on deck 3. There are a couple in another location but it's near a noisy performance venue, I think. (Might be a club that has been discontinued. I am not sure they still use the space as they used to when they had The Dungeon, or whatever that was called- ?) We'd like to have a window on a cruise of that length but, again, for anything other than deck 2 the cost is not within our budget. (This trip is requires very pricey plane tickets!)

Also, there is a cabin we could get on deck 3 that I cannot find on the deck plans. I am guessing it is one of the recently added cabins and the plans shown are old, but I have checked several sites for newer plans and can't find a newer example. Cabin is 3628.

cb at sea, thanks for your quick reply. Once several yrs. back we were on a ship about 5 or 6 cabins from the showroom entry hall on the port side of a ship. Everytime there was a rehearsal or show, we could hear a bit of the music and DEFINITELY the boom boom of the bass. Not too much of a problem except when dh wanted to nap in the afternoon and it was going on. Also was once almost right under a hot tub area of a pool deck. There was a crew party at night one night (band, etc.) that went well into the wee hrs. We could hear the music from that, even though it wasn't exactly right over us.

Since I first posted, I did find deck plans that did show cabin 3628 and it butts up against a wall of the dining room. May have great sound protection but I hesitate to book it since we've had issues hearing carts clank and so on before, though usually from a venue above us. Also, the old dance club has been changed into more cabins, so cabins one deck down near that area should not get dance music late at night. Thought I'd throw that in in case anyone happens to see my orig. post and might find it helpful to know.

Thanks again for your help!