Muster drill and Steakhouse reservations

nsullivan

What time is the muster drill usually? We have steakhouse reservations the first night and I'm wondering if that will interfere?

Not sure which ship you are on, but the muster will be done before you leave your home port. All services are shut down til muster is completed. You shouldn't have a problem. Enjoy!

What time is the muster drill usually? We have steakhouse reservations the first night and I'm wondering if that will interfere?

They won't even be close to the same time. Must drill is usually done about half an hour before you set sail (so somewhere around 3 or 3:30 for most sailings). Nothing to worry about.

As mentioned by others, most sailaways are at 4 PM, and the safety drill is roughly half an hour before then - about 3:30. That drill will last roughly 15-30 minutes. The steakhouse doesn't open until at least 5:30, so no reservations should be affected.

However, the one exception to the 4 PM sailaway is cruises out of San Juan. Those generally don't go until 10 PM, with a safety drill around 9:30. Let me consult my old Fun Times to see how they handled it... ah yes. They opened 5:30-7:00 on the first day (they're open until 9:30 on the other days), so you should be out in plenty of time for the safety drill.