Fincantieri Shipyard Seized, including Vista

SeeBurd

There is a link on the inaugural roll call page with a link saying the seizure lifted.

I think I found the thread you refer to, and the link, which is essentially the same article that has been posted before, where there was a meeting, but that no action had been taken (not sure if it required legislative action, or what), but that the parties "felt" that a way out had been reached. I cannot find any news on industry sites about the seizure being lifted, nor is there anything on Fincantieri's own website press releases about this, just the notice of the seizure.

As I've said, the moving of the Vista from drydock was allowed by the courts since it was not leaving the shipyard area, just going from drydock to wet dock.

There is a new link on the inaugural sailing cruise critic roll call. It's from the newspaper out of Trieste. It says administration staff and meitenance staff were back to work today and Tuesday at 6am everyone else will be back to work. I would post it here but I'm on my phone and not sure how to copy and paste.

Here's the link to the article:

http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/cronaca/2015/07/06/news/la-svolta-di-fincantieri-blitz-di-squinzi-1.11728309

From what I read, the decision is due today, and since the "desire" of the President of the court is to settle this, everyone believes the decision will be made in favor of Fincantieri today.

To date, only white collar employees, for payroll, and maintenance workers (keeping the shipyard itself in good repair, were allowed back. Most workers had not received notice of return to work today, and they will need to ramp up things again.

So, as of this morning's Italian papers, no decision has been reached, and no work has been done.

Fincantieri To Start Work at Monfalcone Tomorrow

ON 06 JULY 2015.

Fincantieri has announced that the prosecutor's office of Gorizia has ordered the release of the areas in the Monfalcone shipyard that were subject to seizure on June 29. The working activities for all the workers involved in the production cycle of the Monfalcone shipyard will resume tomorrow.

Fincantieri issued its thanks the government, the institutions and all those who in recent days have spoken out in favour of the company and the right to work, it said, “which shall always be safeguarded, especially when the safety and health of workers is not called into question.”

The company also stated that to its surprise it learned that, simultaneously with the notification of the decree of release from seizure, the same prosecutor served the director of the shipyard with a notice of investigation for alleged violations of the environmental regulations.

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/12782-fincantieri-to-start-work-at-monfalcone-tomorrow.html

(ANSA) - Trieste, July 6 - A judge from the Court of Gorizia on Monday ordered the release from seizure of the areas of the Fincantieri shipyard affected by a preventive seizure last Tuesday, ANSA has learned.

Carabinieri police made the court-ordered preventive seizure last week at the shipyard in Montefalcone as part of a probe into alleged illegal waste management at the site.

The probe concerns the use by subcontractors of a temporary dump made available by Fincantieri for storage of production waste prior to disposal.

Prosecutors say the subcontractors didn't have the necessary authorisations.

Fincantieri says the waste in question was not damaging to human health.

Here's the link to the article:

http://ilpiccolo.gelocal.it/trieste/cronaca/2015/07/06/news/la-svolta-di-fincantieri-blitz-di-squinzi-1.11728309

From what I read, the decision is due today, and since the "desire" of the President of the court is to settle this, everyone believes the decision will be made in favor of Fincantieri today.

To date, only white collar employees, for payroll, and maintenance workers (keeping the shipyard itself in good repair, were allowed back. Most workers had not received notice of return to work today, and they will need to ramp up things again.

So, as of this morning's Italian papers, no decision has been reached, and no work has been done.

I am going to go along with the original poster's translation that all workers will be back tomorrow.