Gem Grand Pacific

katfer

Hi everyone..just looked at dining and it show Grand Pacific requiring reservations for each night. We were on the Star a few years ago and I don't remember doing that. What do you recommend? We like to eat early. Could we still get seating without reservations? Thanks for your answers!:confused:

It doesn't show that Grand Pacific would require reservations, just that reservations are possible. You can just show up just like before and wait for a table if needed.

It's exactly the same as with speciality restaurants, not all tables are available for reservations - but in MDRs they have a lot more walk-ins than reservations.

We had a party of 3 on the Gem and only had to wait in line for a table one time, and that was because we went at 5:45, when there were many others there. Once it was our turn to scan our card with the hostess, we were always taken directly to a table, no wait time at all, and never had to make a reservation. On our Dawn cruise two years ago, we had a party of 5, so we made a reservation each night just to be safe, but I would say if your party is small you shouldn't need a reservation!

on this same type of thing- my daughter and I would like to do the chinese/sushi place on monday when we are in Florida- do you think i will need a reservation or that most of the people will be off of the ship?

on this same type of thing- my daughter and I would like to do the chinese/sushi place on monday when we are in Florida- do you think i will need a reservation or that most of the people will be off of the ship?

I don't think you should have a problem just walking in.

We were a party of 5 on the Gem 6/13 - 6/21 and we never had reservations for the Grand Pacific. We waited prob @ 10 minutes...not bad at all. And we would dine between 530-6.

If my memory serves me correctly, i do not think you can make reservations for the chinese...someone will chime in if this is incorrect. We never saw this open during lunch. O'Sheehans was open while in port docked in Port Canaveral. It is a great pub menu.

We were on the Gem in May. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed virtually all of the food. About the only negative the whole week was the Orchid Garden, so much so that I wrote about it at the thread below. YMMV. Have a great cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2207263&highlight=orchid+garden

If my memory serves me correctly, i do not think you can make reservations for the chinese...someone will chime in if this is incorrect. We never saw this open during lunch. O'Sheehans was open while in port docked in Port Canaveral. It is a great pub menu.

You're correct, Orchid Garden (asian fare) is only open for dinner service and is first come, first served -- no reservations.

We enjoyed the food at Orchid Garden, but the noise from the musician below at Magnum's isn't good -- makes it hard to enjoy conversation with your table mates. And there's more bad news -- the cigar odor from the smoking lounge below is offensive.