Early saver/ Price protection?

Krydstosser

Hello guys :)

I'm new in the Carnival "univers" so what does Price protection means?

Will i get money on my Cruise acount if the Price go down on my Cruise or?

(Dont mind my spelling) :)

Best

Regards

Krydstosser

(Means Cruise maniac in Danish) :)

From Denmark

Best

Regards

Krydstosser

From Denmark

Yes, but you have to call and request it. You need to keep checking for any price drops.

If you haven't paid your cruise out, they will lower your price. But if it's after you have paid it out, they will give you room credit.

If you see a price drop, call them and have them check it out for you. Normally they advertise price drops by inside, ocean view, balcony and so forth. They don't distinguish by category. So you need to call and find out if you qualify

I believe that the price drop has to be in your category. They probably will not let you drop to a lower category. If your category is sold out, most likely there won't be a drop for that category. Price drops are usually done to sell what hasn't been sold. That was the case on our cruise. My category was sold out, so the price drop did not apply. They might allow you to upgrade, but very likely, you would have to pay the difference if there is one.

Categories differ from deck to deck, from aft, mid, or forward, inside, to ocean view, balcony etc. For example, an ocean view cabin on the main deck, will have different categories for aft,mid, and forward cabins. The same for inside cabins.

Hope that helps.

Normally they advertise price drops by inside, ocean view, balcony and so forth. They don't distinguish by category. So you need to call and find out if you qualify

I booked my Valor cruise under Early Saver about eight months out. At about four months out, they put out an Early Saver Last Call Rate that offered a lower price and $50 OBC. I called them on both and they gave me $170 OBC!!

Since then all of the lower rates were for the uncategorized balconies, which don't apply for my 8C. :(

I still check every day, hoping.

Is it possible to get 2 level upgrade as part of ES? This is offered for past guest now. Would you be able to go from like 4A to 4C? There is no price changes at this time, just a free upgrade for past guests.

Yes, if you are a past guest, and the price for the past guest rate is exactly the same as your current room rate and category but includes a 2 category upgrade you can call them and asked to be upgraded.

Yes, if you are a past guest, and the price for the past guest rate is exactly the same as your current room rate and category but includes a 2 category upgrade you can call them and asked to be upgraded.

So even though the price I paid was less than now, we've been price adjusted to $446 for Oceanview and now it's $513, this price comes up w/or without using my VIFP number for the current rate. So you're saying I should be able to get the 2-category upgrade?

This is showing under 'my offers' when logged into Carnival:

VIFP Member Offers

Past Guest Offer with 2-category Upgrade

To thank you for sailing with Carnival again, enjoy an automatic two-category upgrade, refundable deposit subject to cancellation terms and no change fee.

Exclusive offer for guests who have sailed with Carnival. A valid past guest number is required from at least one person in each stateroom to book this rate. Two category upgrade is based on availability in like to like categories only (interior to interior, ocean view to ocean view and balcony to balcony). Change fees are not assessed outside of the final payment window. Refundable deposit subject to cancellation penalties. Click here for additional information and details.

Past Guest Offer with Choice of Stateroom

Includes choice of stateroom, refundable deposit subject to cancellation terms and no change fee.

Exclusive offer for guests who have sailed with Carnival. A valid past guest number is required from at least one person in each stateroom to book this rate. Change fees are not assessed outside of the final payment window. Refundable deposit subject to cancellation penalties. Click here for additional information and details.

Best

Regards

Krydstosser

From Denmark

You can also fill a price protection form online in the Carnival website every time your cabin category price goes down. Search in carnival website "price protection form".

Is it possible to get 2 level upgrade as part of ES? This is offered for past guest now. Would you be able to go from like 4A to 4C? There is no price changes at this time, just a free upgrade for past guests.

You can take advantage of this offer and receive an upgrade. However, if you originally took advantage of a lower deposit offer, or any other offer, when you booked it will change that offer to the new past guest offer and you will forfeit the original offer (lower deposit). Example: If it was a lower deposit offer you will have to pay the entire deposit in exchange for the upgrade. I booked our upcoming cruise with the lower deposit so it is not worth the switch to a higher stateroom category for me due to having to pay an additional $1,000 in order to get the upgrade. I hope this helps.

You can also fill a price protection form online in the Carnival website every time your cabin category price goes down. Search in carnival website "price protection form".

Where exactly is the form located at on their website. When I searched that tag, it did't bring up anything for me. Never used ES before and not familiar with where to locate the form. Thanks!

ES rates are subject to a more stringent cancellation policy than some other rates, though, right? So if I book a year in advance and have to cancel prior to final payment, I pay $50 per person as a penalty and my deposit is "kept" by Carnival as a downpayment on another cruise, right? Like a store giving store credit vs. a refund.

wow, now I'm very concerned as this seems opposite of how I was told to handle price drops.

I received a price alert for my HA inside on Vista for Nov 2016. I had an early saver. I called and the Carnival representative, while it took some times, she said Vista has so many categories, but acknowledged there was a price drop of $10 pp ($20 total) and it was an early saver so it would not affect my OBC that came with my initial booking. But she told me I need to fill out the price protection form and walked me thru the website where to find it and was very helpful. So why didn't she just make the change. I did complete and submit the form (my only choice was OBC or an upgrade if applicable I guess - I wasn't giving up the Havana cabin, however, I never received any type of confirmation that I submitted it. In my cruise docs, there is no indication that I was given the additional $20 OBC. Assuming the price drop is gone by the time whomever is reviewing my form - I'm just confused about the process.

So did I get a bad Carnival rep? She seemed so nice. I do have a travel agent I sometimes use. She had told me I only had 30 days to transfer the Carnival booking. This Carnival rep told me I had 90 days to transfer the booking to a TA should I decide to do that. So now I wonder if she is wrong about that as well.

Can someone who has experience tell me if I'm out of luck and won't see that $20 added to my booking. Was I suppose to get a confirmation once I submitted the form?

Trekker954, I don't think the rep you got is "bad" because they told you to submit the form; that is what you are supposed to do when there is a price drop. However, if the ES rate you previously booked under had OBC as part of the rate, and the new ES rate does not, you will lose that OBC. She is wrong to tell you that you won't. The only way you wouldn't lose the OBC is if it wasn't part of the previous ES rate you booked under (ex-OBC that you receive due to being a shareholder, that sort of thing).

Edited by bakersdozen12

My OBC was compensation due to the canceled inaugural sailing out of Miami, and then and additional OBC with the revised booking. But she said, I'm still entitled.

My question really is how long does that paperwork process take. When will I see it on my cruise docs and why doesn't the site send me confirmation of my submission.

They can just say, sorry we never received any form, right?

Its only $20 so no big deal, but what if it were a larger amount - I'd be annoyed

My OBC was compensation due to the canceled inaugural sailing out of Miami, and then and additional OBC with the revised booking. But she said, I'm still entitled.

My question really is how long does that paperwork process take. When will I see it on my cruise docs and why doesn't the site send me confirmation of my submission.

They can just say, sorry we never received any form, right?

Its only $20 so no big deal, but what if it were a larger amount - I'd be annoyed

They do take the OBC into account when figuring if you qualify for the price drop. When you add your OBC and your cruise fare together if it is less than the new price then you do not qualify. I had this issue because I did not take the OBC into account when I saw the price drop and did not understand why they were rejecting my request. Perhaps that is the issue. Regardless, you should have received an email stating whether it was approved or declined. Also, the form is a bit misleading at the bottom where you appear to have to choose whether you want OBC or cabin change. You don't have to check those boxes if you haven't paid in full. The amount would just be deducted from what you owe. Otherwise, if you are paid in full you would have to check the OBC box.

They do take the OBC into account when figuring if you qualify for the price drop. When you add your OBC and your cruise fare together if it is less than the new price then you do not qualify. I had this issue because I did not take the OBC into account when I saw the price drop and did not understand why they were rejecting my request. Perhaps that is the issue. Regardless, you should have received an email stating whether it was approved or declined. Also, the form is a bit misleading at the bottom where you appear to have to choose whether you want OBC or cabin change. You don't have to check those boxes if you haven't paid in full. The amount would just be deducted from what you owe. Otherwise, if you are paid in full you would have to check the OBC box.

Thank you. Very misleading, I thought it was odd I had to chose OBC when I hadn't paid in full yet.

But in this thread posters seem to be saying the representative adjusted their prices, no one said they had to complete the form as I did. How long will it be before I receive confirmation whether or not I get it. Also the rep confirmed I qualified, but that was on Wednesday. I imagine when they go to confirm, that price drop may be back up again.

Thank you. Very misleading, I thought it was odd I had to chose OBC when I hadn't paid in full yet.

But in this thread posters seem to be saying the representative adjusted their prices, no one said they had to complete the form as I did. How long will it be before I receive confirmation whether or not I get it. Also the rep confirmed I qualified, but that was on Wednesday. I imagine when they go to confirm, that price drop may be back up again.

If I were you, I would resubmit. I submitted the ES form yesterday for my 2 bookings, and received an answer / updated booking confirmations within the hour.

Perhaps your original request didn't go through. I have always used the form, never had it adjusted by an agent. My impression is most agents won't do it over the phone. I agree - you have to take the OBC into consideration to get the net rate. If it is lower, definitely submit the form. I always do the math in the comments section. ie. Rate $300 + $50 OBC = Net Rate $250 for example, and compare it to what I am price matching against.

Good luck!