Home Port Advisory Excursion

njdunning

If this were April 1st I would say Carnival is pulling an April Fool's joke. The reviews are pretty funny. I'm going to guess those are placeholders for each home port in case Carnival has to quickly put out any advisories for any particular port. Just a guess, of course. :o

No one knows what it's for. I think it has always been a mystery. I read somewhere that someone once asked a Carnival customer service rep, and they said it was just a placeholder. Others have said its just a way to sign up for text alerts (which I don't buy because you have that option when you do your online checkin).

Edited by bakersdozen12

OK maybe I am being dense but what is the Home Port Advisory excursion? I have tried clicking on it to see and just don't understand what it gives me.

This is a placeholder webpage that is filled in with real information if a situation arises where an advisory needs to be issued for passengers.

Carnival's Brand Ambassador stated this about it previously:

"The home port advisory is something that we put there for internal use and its not anything we actually offer the guests until such time as text alerts for delayed embarkation etc are needed"