Informal nights

NickH

Okay, we did a TA a few years ago and have booked for an eastbound in August.

Fine with the formal evenings, but not sure about the informal. I generally wear dark Paul Smith smart jeans and Paul Smith/ Hugo Boss shirt for work with a trendy jacket when required. I have lots of suits from the recent days when I felt it appropriate to wear more formal attire for work, but as business owner I now dress more like my clients...

Should I dress as I do for work, or take another suit and wear with open neck shirts..?

I know these kind of questions can be contentious, but thought I would put the question out there....

Nick

Fine with the formal evenings, but not sure about the informal. I generally wear dark Paul Smith smart jeans and Paul Smith/ Hugo Boss shirt for work with a trendy jacket when required. I have lots of suits from the recent days when I felt it appropriate to wear more formal attire for work, but as business owner I now dress more like my clients...

Should I dress as I do for work, or take another suit and wear with open neck shirts..?

I know these kind of questions can be contentious, but thought I would put the question out there....

Nick

All you need is a jacket of choice, a shirt and a tie. Jeans are really not acceptable, smart slacks are fine. Some will wear a suit but it's really not needed for none formal nights.

For guys it's very easy and no really big deal

Enjoy.

David.

Nick

Hi NickH,

Take a jacket and trousers, or a suit, (either are fine) for the informal nights with shirt (tie optional, but as has been noted above, many do wear one (myself included)).

But also pack your jeans for daytime wear, perfect.

Have a great crossing :) Bon Voyage!

Edited by pepperrn

Thanks for the advice. I'll take a suit and a few nice shirts...

Anyone know what the temperature is likely to be in the Atlantic in August..??

My wife and I did a Round Transatlatic Late May/June, I took Sports Jacket and Blazer most nights I did not use a tie. The weather for August? one can only hope, the Atlantic is the Atlantic, but you will be on the best Liner to cross the pond. Enjoy it.;)