Harry's Bar in Venice

Can anyone recommend which items (food) on the menu to order (or not to order!!) We'll be there for dinner. Realize it is pricey, but we only have a short time in Venice, and Harry's Bar is on our "must do" list, so we figure we'll bite the bullet.

A Bellini, of course, goes without saying!!!!

We visited Harry's bar last summer. We didn't have dinner, but it was on our must-do list to try one of their Bellinis. They were very pricey...13 euro each for a very small glass. I'm glad we tried it, but I doubt we'll do it again. The bellinis were very good, though. I can't comment on the food specifically, but we have friends who just returned from Venice who said that the food at Harry's was very good but VERY expensive.

The bar is very easy to locate, but if you have trouble I'm sure people can point you in the right direction since it is so famous.

I had a fish dish prepared with mushrooms in a wine sauce..very good, but again the portion was quite small[i am not a big eater] and VERY expenisve. My husband had a chicken dish...I don't remember the way in which it was prepared. NOT my most memorable meal in Italy by a long shot! One of the MOST costly! Cannot even come close to some of the meals we have eaten there.

If you want to try a great Belli, head to Vino Vino also near San Marco. Much, much cheaper and you can try out the checti there too. We made a casual "dinner" our 1st night in Venice and people watched. It's rather tiny, but good. Enjoy!

We are spending a couple of days in Venice prior to our 5/16/06 cruise on the Grand and wondered if anyone has been to Harry's and is it easy to locate.

Thanks,

Barbara

If you walk with your left side to the water, towards the Bell Tower, with the Church in back of you, and continue walking along the water, cross a little bridge, keep walking, it will be on your right . When we went, it was crowded, people were waiting, and my husband and I said--THIS is what it's all about??? We left.

Archived