Pom to fll earliest flight

ccm02339

I have tried to search this but have been unsuccessful. We would be disembarking the eclipse on Sunday Jan 10 and I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a 11:05 flight. The next best option is 5:20 and I'm not sure what we would do with all that time. Thank you for your help!!

We got off the Reflection last November with a number 2 ticket at 710 AM got luggage cleared customs and in a taxi and arrived at FLL at 830AM. Sure that it is not always the same but it worked for us. This was on a Saturday.

Consider self disembarkation AND self booking a shuttle or car service NOT the cruise line transfer.

To self disembark you must be able to move your luggage from cabin to pier. This would necessitate using the stairs on the ship if the elevators are packed. This is not uncommon.

I also recommend you use the internet to do your check in and pay any baggage fees.

To facilitate your passage through C & I, have your passports or picture id's handy. Keep all receipts readily available and close to your C & I form. Do not take off any fresh fruit, vegetables or meat from the ship. Do not wear any new jewelry, even if it is declared on your customs form.

Monitor your airline reservations for time or equipment changes.

You can get more information on the East Coast Home Ports forum about transfer services.

And, before you book check on MIA departures too. Between ticket and transfer costs it may be a wash with better scheduled flights. If you are only looking at Southwest, check the legacy carriers or other "low-cost" carriers. When comparing Southwest fares, even with free baggage, they could be even higher than other airlines.

Booking January 10th flights should be done soon. It's a very busy time in south Florida and rates could rise quickly.

For an 11:05 flight you need to be at FLL by about 9:30 (earlier is better -TSA lines at FLL can be chaos! :(). With a 15 or so minute cab ride (should be about $15 on the meter) that translates into off the ship, with bags and clear of customs by about 9:00.

You should be fine but as suggested above I would carry my bags off to be ahead of the crowd. Check the FLA departures board where this question is asked at least once a day.

Edited by JohninDC

For an 11:05 flight you need to be at FLL by about 9:30 (earlier is better -TSA lines at FLL can be chaos! :(). With a 15 or so minute cab ride (should be about $15 on the meter) that translates into off the ship, with bags and clear of customs by about 9:00.

You should be fine but as suggested above I would carry my bags off to be ahead of the crowd. Check the FLA departures board where this question is asked at least once a day.

They are coming from The Port of Miami, not Everglades. It is 45 minutes to an hour ride on a good day.

In most cases, should not be a problem. When we returned in Feb there were 2 accidents that closed 2 different sections of I95. We were staying in Ft Lauderdale for a couple of days, but had we had a flight, we would not have made it. I think that in future, with a cruise ending in POM we will look for flights from MIA rather than FLL

We returned on a Saturday this past March ( from the Reflection ) and made a flight at 10:55am. We did the self disembark and our shuttle from SAS arrived within 5 minutes of us leaving the port. We actually had to do a big loop to pick up others from another ship...had us worried. We arrived to a fairly substantial line up at the FLL airport. Once again we panicked. As it turned out, we sat at the gate for about 30-45 minutes. All was good, but it can be a very anxious morning. Personally, I would still do it if I was there again.