Tracy arm fjord & glacier explorer

forbo1

We are sailing on Regent Navigator on July 29th. I have booked an extra excursion called Tracy Arm Fjord and & Glacier Explorer. That same day the ship is cruising Tracy arm Fjord. Is it a waist of money to book that excursion if the ship itself will be cruising the same area? Has anyone taken this excursion ? If so , is it worth doing or should I wait and so something in Juneau? Thanks for the help . Forbo

Just did this in late May. The small boat excursion will get you much, much closer to the South glacier as well as go to the North glacier which the ship will not. In my opinion, well worth it. From what I have read, most seem to agree.

We are sailing on Regent Navigator on July 29th. I have booked an extra excursion called Tracy Arm Fjord and & Glacier Explorer. That same day the ship is cruising Tracy arm Fjord. Is it a waist of money to book that excursion if the ship itself will be cruising the same area? Has anyone taken this excursion ? If so , is it worth doing or should I wait and so something in Juneau? Thanks for the help . Forbo

Well worth it, but it is a looong excursion. You get close to the walls, very low and a nice view of the ice / falls etc. But if the ice flows are dense you won't get much closer than the ship, a bit but not like other scenic glacier like Glacier / Hubbard or College Fjord.

Just did this a few days ago and it is not a waste of money even though the cruise ship goes the same route. The little boat can get much closer to the scenery, circle around, point out things, explain stuff, etc...At the end we got much much closer to the glacier (I believe it was Dawes) than the ship.

.......At the end we got much much closer to the glacier (I believe it was Dawes) than the ship.
If you went to the Dawes Glacier, you were not in Tracy Arm but in Endicott Arm.

Some cruises substitute Endicott Arm for Tracy Arm. If passengers do not hear the announcement they may believe they are cruising Tracy Arm when they really are not.