Anything to do for kids under 3?

roseshayit

I am heavily weighing going on a Norwegian cruise this year. I've checked the NCL website, and I didn't find anything that talked about kids under 3. Are there any programs for the youngest cruisers?

On the NCL Escape;

GUPPIES NURSERY

With the first-ever Norwegian nursery on Norwegian Escape, parents can rest easy knowing their tots (6 months – 3 years) are being well looked after by our dedicated staff. Featuring an Active Room with sensory-based activities, games and toys based on a daily theme, plus a Quiet Room for babies to sleep and rest, parents can have the vacation they deserve while their little ones do too.

Just off the Breakaway a week and a half ago with our almost 2 yr old son (20 months old). They have a "guppies" program for kids under 3. You do not need to register for it, just show up. On our cruise, the small playroom was open from 9am to 9pm. They had a variety of toys and you could take your child there to play. We did this once or twice a day on sea days for about 30 minutes at a time. He had fun playing with toys that were different from those at home and if there were other toddlers there his age he would play with them a bit. You need to be there as the room is not attended by any staff.

They also had planned structured activities. On sea days on the breakaway they were scheduled at 8 30am and 1230pm. On port days I believe they were scheduled for 530pm or so. These were fun semi structured activities like painting, playing with goop, dancing, reading etc followed by 5 minutes playing with bubbles. The staff were friendly and interactive but again you cannot leave your child there you need to be there with them.

They also had some events in the atrium around 5pm...mostly character meet and greets with nickelodeon characters like Dora or spongebob. My son doesn't know these characters but it was a fun thing for him to observe before we went to dinner.

There is a kids pool and a splash zone too.

So in a nutshell they do have some activities but it is by no means extensive. I haven't sailed either lone but I believe Disney and RCI are known to do kids stuff better, especially for the young toddlers and babies. That's not to say our son didn't have fun or we felt anything was lacking he actually had a great time but there are other cruise lines that do cater more to that age bracket.

Go on Disney instead

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My question was specifically about Norwegian because I am considering a Norwegian cruise.

Thanks to everyone who provided me with information! Seems like Norwegian is working on activities for all ages with their newer ships. :)