Wondering why some 2016 excursions are not there yet?

mjhouse2

We are still waiting for excursions to show up? Thought Carnival said end of June? Does anyone know if they are not going to offer Amazing Race Cozumel in 2016? We are also missing Grand Cayman one that does sting rays, hell and turtle farm....I know it is a while til we cruise but would love to know before our second choice might sell out.

I don't know why they are not up either.

It is not like they have to have vendors and contracts in place.

Maybe they could just post them and hope things fall into place before your cruise.

I mean, who doesn't want to have their excursions booked months and months in advance.

Think of all the money the could be missing out on, esp when people decide to go private.

I don't think Carnival cares about making money at all. I think they just like having disappointed guest so they are withholding to excursions to add tension.

Apparently, it is working.

I need to write this up somewhere and save it so I can just copy and paste it every time. ;)

Carnival contracts with independent vendors to conduct their excursions. The contracts have to be renegoiated (and revised) occasionally.

Carnival usually won't put excursions up on the website if the contract hasn't been extended through your particular sailing.

I mean, they aren't going to put the exact same excursions up there at the exact same price year after year after year.

So, sometimes, there are excursions that don't appear until closer to sailing.

I've had some not show up until only weeks prior.

But I rarely do ship excursions. I'll do one if it is the ONLY way to do something specific I want to do. I hate the crowds and the wasting time being herded on and off buses.

And the more people on an excursion, the more laggards there are which throws off the timing for everyone else. I just don't like the selfish, self-centered people who think "be back by xx:xx" doesn't apply to them and that everyone can just wait for them to take their own sweet time. :mad:

I find I get much more for less from independent vendors. Do some reading on the Port of Call boards. Bet you can find exactly what you want from reputable vendors at less cost and smaller groups.