Oosterdam cabin help between 4 choices

Straymo

We are currently booked in room 5002 which is a handicap Verandah Suite. None of the three of us are handicapped and after realizing it, I'm not sure its a good idea to keep it.

I called HAL and they said they do have other handicap rooms open so we are welcome to keep it, but they offered three other cabins if we wanted to switch. All three are on the Navigation deck, 8058, 8078, 8052.

I've never sailed HAL and while 5002 is slightly larger, it is also right up front and I've read that can be very windy. The Nav deck is right under the Lido. Will it be noisy? Would you switch? Which room?

If I was choosing between these room my first choice would be 8052 and close behind 8058. both are under the pool area and not the lido dining room. I don't like rooms with connecting doors or the very front of the ship. You must decide which negative is the worst for you, make a decision and don't second guess your decision.

Apparently, when I talked to HAL last night I got one of the cabin numbers wrong. It should been 8082, 8058 and 8078.

I'm talking to Costco Travel now who we booked with. They spoke with HAL and were told that if they needed the room they would call and ask us to move to a comparable level room or higher. We would not be downgraded and they confirmed there were several handicap rooms still open with 37 days left.

I feel comfortable staying where we are at this point. Thank you for your help.

Got this description from another site of 5002:

"Handicapped Room: huge bathroom with shower in tub, roll-in 2nd shower with seat in front of toilet, single sink with little or no vanity. Small balcony with ramps inside and outside balcony access door. Front facing window to closed forward deck."

Pictures from that site didn't really show the bathroom. A couple of the cabin:

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg