Just returned from Freedom - June 21st sailing

I wanted to rave about 2 tours we took while in Jamaica and Grand Cayman.

In Jamaica I booked with Marvin Paradise Tours - our guide was Dalton and he was fantastic. We booked a private tour so no large crowded bus. We went to The Blue Hole - if you are in Jamaica this should be your stop! it was the most amazing place I've ever been to. Our girls loved it. for lunch we stopped at Scotchie's - you must try the jerk pork.

In Grand Cayman we had already decided we woudl do Stingray City. We booked with Kat at Cayman Eco Adventures - loved this company and the crew. Our tour was Stingray City, snorkeling the reef and Starfish Point. Stringray City is an experience all in itself. I could have stayed there all day. the crew was very concerned with the Stingrays and starfish and how they were treated. I didn't get a company name but one boat arrived after us and one of the staff actually came over to our group of stringrays and picked it up and took it back to his group. I was really bothered by this - these companies should be teaching everyone how to respect these animals. Instead it is anything to get a picture to sell. Starfish Point was amazing and you should include it with your visit - it is unlike any place I've ever been. How often can you just walk in shallow water and see dozens of starfish. Again, our crew was very respectful of the starfish and we were constantly told to not take the fish out of the water. other boats were not doing the same and our Captain would yell to people to put the fish back in the water.

We had a wonder time on the Freedom and look forward to more adventures with them.

Just booked Freedom for April of next year. We were looking to do something different in Jamaica, thanks for the info!

We have always booked excursions through the ship. Looks like these other tour groups have more to offer.

I wanted to rave about 2 tours we took while in Jamaica and Grand Cayman.

In Jamaica I booked with Marvin Paradise Tours - our guide was Dalton and he was fantastic. We booked a private tour so no large crowded bus. We went to The Blue Hole - if you are in Jamaica this should be your stop! it was the most amazing place I've ever been to. Our girls loved it. for lunch we stopped at Scotchie's - you must try the jerk pork.

In Grand Cayman we had already decided we woudl do Stingray City. We booked with Kat at Cayman Eco Adventures - loved this company and the crew. Our tour was Stingray City, snorkeling the reef and Starfish Point. Stringray City is an experience all in itself. I could have stayed there all day. the crew was very concerned with the Stingrays and starfish and how they were treated. I didn't get a company name but one boat arrived after us and one of the staff actually came over to our group of stringrays and picked it up and took it back to his group. I was really bothered by this - these companies should be teaching everyone how to respect these animals. Instead it is anything to get a picture to sell. Starfish Point was amazing and you should include it with your visit - it is unlike any place I've ever been. How often can you just walk in shallow water and see dozens of starfish. Again, our crew was very respectful of the starfish and we were constantly told to not take the fish out of the water. other boats were not doing the same and our Captain would yell to people to put the fish back in the water.

We had a wonder time on the Freedom and look forward to more adventures with them.

There are about 15 of us stopping in Falmouth on the Freedom in April 2016. Can you tell me a bit more about the Blue Hole tour you took? I went out to the website, but it didn't give many details. Is there hiking to the "hole"? Ages in our group range from 8-65. Thank so much!!!

There are about 15 of us stopping in Falmouth on the Freedom in April 2016. Can you tell me a bit more about the Blue Hole tour you took? I went out to the website, but it didn't give many details. Is there hiking to the "hole"? Ages in our group range from 8-65. Thank so much!!!

We just did the Blue Hole and then river tubing there last week - our guide was Errol and we had people from ages 8-73 in our group. There's a little bit of hiking to get up to the places on the Blue Hole where you jump, but not bad. One of the grandma's in our group did the jumps, one did not.

I second the OP's thoughts about the Blue Hole - IT WAS PHENOMENAL!!! I would do it again tomorrow if I could. Our main tour guide was Errol and the driver we had was Melovan - they were great. Then the guys that led the groups at the Blue Hole were as courteous and helpful as they could be - when they were not showing off by climbing and jumping from as high as 75 feet for our entertainment! My kids and I probably made 15 jumps from various places there - so much fun!!!

The river tubing afterwards was icing on the cake; nothing like enjoying an ice cold Red Stripe while lazily tubing down a stream in Jamaica on a hot summer day.

Can't recommend this highly enough. Truly a fantastic excursion. Take along waterproof cameras to capture as much of it as you can!

Rob