Cove balcony or Delux ocean View on the Breeze with toddler

Taylors

Still narrowing down cruises for a trip we are planning in Feb. Our first since becoming parents. We'll have baby boy with us (he'll be 2.5 so not really baby anymore) Initially we were going to do a cove balcony so that when he's napping we can hang out on the balcony. But I just noticed on the breeze there are tubs in the DOV which would be nice for bathing him, plus we'd save $400. We will also be traveling with my parents who will be in a balcony. Also do the partitions between cove balconies open like on other balconies?

Any other insight from parents with little ones?

If your little one really enjoys taking a bath, I think it would be worth it to get the deluxe ocean view, especially with the $400 price difference. Our DD had just turned 3 when we cruised last Nov, and we had a balcony (DOV isn't an option on Miracle). Somehow we managed without a tub, but it would have been nice. I will say though, we did enjoy being able to hang out on the balcony during nap time.

Maybe we are being germophobes, but we don't like to bathe our kids in tubs at hotels or cruise ships. They've learned to shower and when we go on vacation, that's what they do. I spend enough nights at hotels (2-3 nights a week) to know how questionable bathroom cleaning is.

With that said, I'd probably pick the OV over the balcony anyway since you do get more square footage and the extra half bath, and the money saved is a nice bonus.

My kids are 3 and 5 and they started cruising at 11 months of age. On the 6 cruises that we've taken as a family, we've done balconies and oceanviews, and personally, the balcony has not made a significant difference.

Another thing that would make me think twice about getting a cove balcony would be the railings instead of glass found on higher category balconies. Don't know how small your child is, but when our son started cruising, he would've easily fit between the railings.

Edited by Tapi

I booked ocean deluxe because I am afraid of balconies, especially with a small child. We did disney with a similar ocean view cabine and it was enough. I will be paranoid always checking if the balcony door is closed