Carnival Hub App Available on Valor?

mhurley0504

Only on the Breeze but the Sunshine is rumored to be next and pretty soon.

Looking at the carnival site there is some good info on it. Fun times loaded, can highlight activities you want to attend and it will send you reminders. Chat ability on the ship. Other features too.

I installed to app, but what does it do? Is there a fee involved. It looked like we could use our phones instead of walkie talkies. But does that mean that everyone in your party must purchase. If so what is the fee?

It's my understanding that there is no fee involved. I haven' researched it completely. I do know you can communicate with fellow passengers on the ship. So easier to keep up with family:)

Anyone have experience with the app? Looks like a clean interface and not buggy, looks useful too, but my next cruise isn't for another 548 days (as of now... who knows what I could book in between now and then). Hoping it will be on the Vista when it launches (or by my sailing), I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be on a new ship when they say they hope to have it on all ships within the next 2 years.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Breeze in May and myself and my son downloaded it but my husband's phone wouldn't. He has an IPhone 3. I have a note1 and my son has an IPhone 6+. Was looking forward to using it but since he couldn't get it, I decided not to.

Tina

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
It's my understanding that there is no fee involved. I haven' researched it completely. I do know you can communicate with fellow passengers on the ship. So easier to keep up with family:)

If you are going to use it to keep in touch with family on the ship, it is $5 for the cruise. You each get a pin number and that's how you communicate.

It is free to use the ship map and what's going on, etc.

If you are going to use Wi-Fi there is a charge by how much you want to do....I used it for FB and Messenger and it was $5/day.