Visa / esta to bermuda

Bruce62

Hi,

I am visiting the USA for 3 weeks from the UK. I have an approved ESTA so don't need a Visa.

However, during the middle of my stay, I will be travelling on the Breakaway to Bermuda and back.

Am I right in thinking that my ESTA covers me for this?

Thanks in advance.

ESTA is valid only for US. You need to find out your Visa requirements to Bermuda separately (haven't heard that anybody from UK, atleast arriving by a cruise ship, would need one - especially since Bermuda is a British Overseas Territory).

In general you can enter and leave US within the validity of your ESTA freely (as long as you don't stay over 90 days continuously in US).

Edited by Demonyte

They are for multiple visits and valid for 24months. This means you can enter the US before your cruise, re-enter at the end of the cruise and then exit. No visit is allowed to be more than 90 days in length. You can come and go multiple times within the time period covered by the ESTA subject to the individual immigration officer at the point of entry to the US allowing you in.

Loads of info and the rules in full are here at these 2 websites. Make sure you use the first link when making your application as that is the official site. There are many others but they just charge you a fee for doing nothing you can't do yourself for no charge.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements

Isnt Bermuda a Commonwealth nation? Would UK citizen's be permitted there without a VISA?

The "commonwealth" really doesn't mean anything anymore. For instance, India and Pakistan are both in the commonwealth - virtually everyone needs visas to go there.