Need name of good hotel in Los Angeles for pre/post cruise

Thanks for the prompt response. We will be sailing on the Crown Princess, yes, we would like to stay close to the port.

Have you joined the Roll Call?

There are a bunch of us on there who are staying at the Doubletree in San Pedro, but I think it might be full now. On the Roll Call you will find info on other hotels in the area. We also have many private tours and onboard activities planned. Each of us can pick and choose what we want to do.

I will give you my opinion having sailed many times out of San Pedro.

One time I stayed at a hotel there. Never again. I don't like that area.

I would stay in Long Beach. Look at Hyatt.

You can then take a taxi which is about a 15-20 minute drive.

There is a lot more to do in Long Beach than San Pedro.

Just my two or three cents.

Keith

Any tips on restaurants, hotels etc. for pre/post cruise from Los Angeles in Oct.would be helpful. Thanks in advance

It would be helpful if you could say if you only want a good hotel or if you also want to see any sites pre or post.

Many people who are sailing out of the Port of Los Angeles (San Pedro) will stay at the Doubletree or Crowne Plaza. There are some alternatives such as staying in Long Beach (make sure to avoid the industrial area) or Santa Monica. If you want to do a bit of touring (say, in Hollywood), you may want to stay elsewhere.

My rule of thumb is avoid LAX airports and avoid the downtown Los Angeles area. But also be aware if you find a really low cheap bargain basement fare, there is usually a reason -- it could be a dicey hotel or a dicey area.

Go on the western destinations board and say if you are sailing from the Port of LA (Carnival uses the Port of Long Beach), if you want to do any sightseeing, and if so, what would you like to do: museums, glitzy shopping, tourist places, Hollywood, etc.

Los Angeles is a very wide area (feels like it's bigger than some states) in a big county (also called Los Angeles). Lots of different things to do.