Pride - Arrival to Port

Sara62412

Hi All!

I haven't been on the Pride since 2012, but I do absolutely love the ship (I even got married on her). I am going on a family cruise on Sunday, and I was sort of put in charge of the coordination of the trip since I have been on the ship twice before. Carnival e-mailed me a few days ago regarding the staggered boarding, and I was given a 1-2 boarding time. I don't recall this coming up in the past, and have read mixed feelings about whether this should be followed or not. My original intention was to have everyone meet at the port around 11 or 11:15ish, because I thought that was when they opened the parking lot. Some in my party are nervous that we will be turned away, since the e-mail does indicate this is a possibility.

The actual question(s): Is it safe to arrive at 11 or 11:15, with the biggest consequence of an early arrival being a longer wait to get on this ship or in line? Will they actually turn us away from check in if we arrive that early? Or is it best to just arrive at 1 like Carnival suggested?

I appreciate all feedback and experiences :)

You'll be fine to arrive at 11:00. That is when the lot opens. You may have to wait in the car line for a little bit, but should be among the first people checked in and ready to go. They are sending the staggered check in times, but no one really seems to follow them and they don't turn you away!

Have a blast! We were on the Pride in June and heading back in 30 days!

:)

We have been on the Pride 3 times already, the 4th this October. We have about a 3 hour ride to the pier and time it for noon and never had a problem. As far as the parking lot line, take cash the past three times the credit card line was so long but cash line no wait.

Have a great cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

This was a great question and I'm so glad it was asked. I'll be sailing on the Pride in November and cannot wait. The information about early arrival and using cash for parking were excellent! I plan on doing both! I hope you all enjoy your cruises!

We arrived at 10:50 (this was about a month ago) and the lot had just opened. Whole process took about 10 minutes. Very easy and efficient. This is probably obvious, but try to park as close to the building as possible -- you'll be hauling your luggage back out to the car after cruise. Baltimore is my new favorite port to sail out of. Enjoy!!! :D

We arrived at 10:50 (this was about a month ago) and the lot had just opened. Whole process took about 10 minutes. Very easy and efficient. This is probably obvious, but try to park as close to the building as possible -- you'll be hauling your luggage back out to the car after cruise. Baltimore is my new favorite port to sail out of. Enjoy!!! :D

Thanks, due to my wife we get to use handicap parking. Last year we had the spot right at the crosswalk

I broke my ankle and am in a wheelchair as of a month ago. I couldn't get a handicap pass in time...will they make an exception next week when we cruise out to be able to park closer?

Even without handicapped parking there is plenty of parking close to the building. I know you are planning to get there early so you should be fine.

We got there at 1:00 last time and still had a good spot.

Even without handicapped parking there is plenty of parking close to the building. I know you are planning to get there early so you should be fine.

We got there at 1:00 last time and still had a good spot.

Awesome! Okay!!

Two summers ago I broke my knee right before a cruise. We rented a wheelchair and got to the port around 11 AM. There was plenty of space up front by the terminal to park and once inside I got the royal treatment. They had one of the crew there to take me up the ramp (hubby was carrying a carry on-LOL). I was up that ramp so fast it was almost embarrassing...people were moving out of the way so quickly. My husband tipped him $20 bucks and at the end of the cruise he was there waiting to find me to disembark!! ;)

Okay, I see everyone saying its fine to get there at 11:00, but we are being shuttled from a hotel, would 11:00 - 11:30 time frame work for us as well?

We missed out on the FTTF tickets, so can I assume we will just be waiting in the terminal until the Suites, and FttF folks are boarded.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...