Jade & Chocolate

smallworld73

This pertains to Dawn but may be similar to experiences of others across the fleet. On our 2013 cruise, we enjoyed looking at the chocolate creations & sculptures on the Chocolate Buffet... but the desserts available that evening were quite bland. (As an aside, I thought it was quite wasteful. But YMMV).

I thoroughly enjoyed the "Chocolate Dessert" night on our 2014 cruise :-)

NCL got rid of the Chocolate Buffet years ago.

Not years ago - it was only last summer with the introduction of that chocolate dessert night in NEXT menu improvements. (Megaships never had choco buffet though.)

You must be thinking about midnight buffets that have been gone for years (we started cruising in 2009 and have never seen one).

Shame, we loved seeing the chocolate creations & sculptures. Dds will look out for the chocolate specials instead!

Don't get too excited, it's a selection 4-5 chocolate deserts - by no means a chocoholics paradise!

Yep I was on the Jade last week and can confirm there was one evening where there was a chocolate theme in the desserts. Alas no chocolate buffet :(

Thanks, bit disappointed as we enjoyed looking at the chocolate structures, still dds will be happy with whatever desserts are available!

• 5 months later...

I'm boarding the Jade on Saturday and I wanted to ask about availability of chocolate drinks on board.

Do they offer any hot chocolate other than those awful instant Nestle packets? If yes, is there a charge for it?

Is there anywhere on board to get a chocolate milkshake? Any charge?

If I BYO my own good cocoa mix, is there a place I can get a cup or pot of hot milk? Any charge?

Thanks for any info.