Solo on Carnival Splendor

Mary49

Just booked the Splendor for an interior room, going solo, for $1658. With tax port came to $1816. for August 12th sailing.

I wish they would give us solos a break.... I know that it's peak season and all.

What do you think?

Just booked the Splendor for an interior room, going solo, for $1658. With tax port came to $1816. for August 12th sailing.

I wish they would give us solos a break.... I know that it's peak season and all.

What do you think?

That's a very high price for an inside, so I guess you paid double as in 200%? If you had other dates that you would be available to go, it would have been probably half of what you paid. Beginning of December prices drop dramatically.

What do you think?

Us solo cruisers are definitely not getting a break like we did last year! I am doing a solo on August 16th, on Carnival Liberty and I have a balcony for $1409 total.

Your cruise does seem high for interior. Is that for a 10 day cruise?

Doesn't Carnival usually charge 200% for solos?

Last year Carnival had a lot of sailings with no single supplement, this year they have some with 150% supplement. But I have not seen no single supplement so far this year.

Thanks guys for the info. I knew it was over priced for solos. I already have a New England/Canada trip for $818 for interior cabin in September which isn't too bad.

By the way, I cancelled the 8 day cruise for August 12th. It was under 24 hours and I didn't have to pay penalty charge which I am happy about. Maybe it was because of my platinum level. I don't know but I'm happy about that. Now I can do something else.

I'll have to do better watching for prices. I just did a trip May 24the for interior cabin at $570 which was great. I just had to fly back from San Juan.

I would love to book someday a balcony. Had them a couple of times when they were a little bit affordable... (lol)

Mary49

Edited by Mary49

Thanks guys for the info. I knew it was over priced for solos. I already have a New England/Canada trip for $818 for interior cabin in September which isn't too bad.

By the way, I cancelled the 8 day cruise for August 12th. It was under 24 hours and I didn't have to pay penalty charge which I am happy about. Maybe it was because of my platinum level. I don't know but I'm happy about that. Now I can do something else.

I'll have to do better watching for prices. I just did a trip May 24the for interior cabin at $570 which was great. I just had to fly back from San Juan.

I would love to book someday a balcony. Had them a couple of times when they were a little bit affordable... (lol)

Mary49

I see you are in NY, so I wanted to let you know there are two sailing dates on August 22 and 29th from NY, NCL Gem, both sailings have no single supplement. I am actually planning to go but I will be buying my ticket last minute, the price will drop significantly. As of now its not cheap, but considering I don't have to fly its a huge plus for me.

I see you are in NY, so I wanted to let you know there are two sailing dates on August 22 and 29th from NY, NCL Gem, both sailings have no single supplement. I am actually planning to go but I will be buying my ticket last minute, the price will drop significantly. As of now its not cheap, but considering I don't have to fly its a huge plus for me.

I see too that you are from Brooklyn. I live out by the Rockaways. You seem to be pretty good with watching for the price dropping. I was thinking of the Gem to Bermuda as well. It's rough for us solos but I love going alone. I know the cover band pretty well and that's why I was going back. I'm afraid that this will be their last year with Carnival. I think Carnival is going to pull all the Philippine lounge bands so I will be going back in September just in case to say goodbye. Do you cruise a lot??

Thanks for the info. Mary49

That's a very high price for an inside, so I guess you paid double as in 200%? If you had other dates that you would be available to go, it would have been probably half of what you paid. Beginning of December prices drop dramatically.

Hi cruiselady, if you wait until the last moment to book would you stand a better chance of a price drop? Thanks Mary49

Hi cruiselady, if you wait until the last moment to book would you stand a better chance of a price drop? Thanks Mary49

I think if they still have cabins left, they would definitely do a price drop as a last minute booking.

What do you think?

I've done the Splendor solo when she did her first transatlantic. She's an excellent ship. You will have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...