Missing the ship

I have a cheap Walmart watch (water resistant) that I have attached to my beach bag. This bag goes with me every time I leave the ship as it carries my towel, sunscreen, etc. It literally stays on a loop inside the bag. I make sure it is working and is on the correct time before we sail. That way, we are always on ship time. I don't rely on my cell phone. I think I paid $5 to $7 for the watch!

Just off the Glory. We left 7 people in Roatan. They mistakenly changed their watches to island time.

That's bad enough in some ports but with Roatan being two hours behind EST they were sunk.

I try to always be in sight of the ship one hour before the recommend time. It means planning my day to get off the ship as early as possible.

Most miss the ship because of shopping and drinking rather than what most fear... non ship excursions.

And most of those in Cozumel do not have very far to run, since most of the pier runners are at the end of the pier at SF's. LOL Good luck running from there though.

We had the best time ever there. Three of the guys in our group decided to moon the "Sun" just before we boarded the tender. Fun day LOL.

Yes,your phone will always try to connect with the nearest cell tower and adjust the time accordingly.

We have had this problem in Laughlin NV which is on the AZ border. AZ is on MST in winter but NV is on PST. Sometimes our cell phone in our NV room picked up time from AZ tower. Very confusing.

We are so terrified of missing the ship that we always onboard 2-3 hours before we leave the port.

We did leave three people behind in Santa Marta on our 12-day Journey of Discovery cruise out of Galveston this past March. The bad thing was we had three sea days before we would arrive back home. This is one way to ruin what probably was a nice trip for them.

We are so terrified of missing the ship that we always onboard 2-3 hours before we leave the port.

We did leave three people behind in Santa Marta on our 12-day Journey of Discovery cruise out of Galveston this past March. The bad thing was we had three sea days before we would arrive back home. This is one way to ruin what probably was a nice trip for them.

We are usually on the ship at least 1 hour before the ship sails. But we are nearby the ship 1 hour before re-boarding the ship mainly shopping, etc.

On our last cruise I picked up the wrong fun times thinking it was todays (it was for the next day as it had just been put out that evening) and it told us to set our watches back and hour (so we did) when it actually meant for us to do it the following evening.

Anyway in the morning we go to get our snorkel tickets for Cabo and find out the group have already left as we are mistakenly an hour behind. If we had not have booked that excursion we would have missed the ship so that was very lucky! We were upset to miss the snorkelling but we got our money back and had a great day anyway.

Cabo was our last stop before a sea day then getting off the ship so it would have been expensive but we would not have missed too much. We would have just spent some time hanging out in LA.

Phew.